Nine (Southern Cross)

I drove past the Townsville SCA office earlier this afternoon, which is where the SCA radio stations for this area are broadcast from, and noticed that they’ve just recently completely removed all the radio station logos from the building and replaced them with a massive yellow Nine logo, as well as smaller 9Gem and 9Go logos.

I wasn’t able to get a photo as I was driving, but i’ll plan to go by next week and get a photo of it.

The building didn’t have any SC10 logos on it previously, so I found it a little odd that they removed all radio logos to replace them with Nine ones

2 Likes

Could this mean that it will become a regional hub for the SCA/Nine news operation? The buildings big enough that it should have plenty of space, especially once Grant Broadcasters move out.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing

Maybe HOT/4TO are going elsewhere? Strange to remove branding otherwise considering it has been their home since that building was built.

Radio brands are on another side of the building.

1 Like

Yeah, I knew that they had radio branding on the opposite side, but there was also radio branding on the road side, which has now been removed in favour of Nine logos, which I thought seemed a little odd.

Needed the space to fit the additional TV logos that weren’t there before.

Admin edit: snark

Been in the Bush (inb4 Ryan snark) and have noticed the same thing on SCNine Canberra. The switching is off by 0.1 of a second and one can see a snippet of the metro feed.

1 Like

Was it tho

3 Likes

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:1458, topic:1198, full:true”]It probably won’t happen again now that I’ve started recording, but I’ve just arrived home and turned on 9 News Now, and SCAs ad timings are out by a good 10-15 seconds.

The ad break begun with a Nine promo for Doctor Doctor, which cut abruptly to local ads.
Then at the end of the local ads, we returned to 9 News Now mid-conversation in the “chat room” segment.[/quote]Same timing errors occur down here. SCA 9Go! and 9Gem are out by around 5-10secs (seems to differ quite regularly though) with Melbourne ads slipping through before the local ads run, in which naturally causes them to return to the program metro feed late. The main channel isn’t usually as bad with this, but full metro ads/promos do slip through at times with no local ads playing over the top of them as it should.

You would’ve thought these mistakes would have been rectified after all this time.

1 Like

That’s weird that this is STILL going on!

They never had this problem in the SC10 days, did they?

That makes me think there is some incompatability between the automation systems at Nine and Southern Cross.

WIN didn’t have this issue with Nine either, did they?

1 Like

I think they might have, maybe not to the same extent though

Nothing that I ever saw.

SCA had slightly modified the 10 Second Ident:

Previous version:

2 Likes

Needs more balls, mostly to rub in Bruce’s face. :joy:

But seriously, they show less ball in these than the original Nine ones.

7 Likes

It looks like the kids have been playing on Windows Movie Maker again… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

What’s the difference?

1 Like

There’s a couple of different scenes, around the 5-6 second mark.

1 Like

The Karl kick is still there though!

5 Likes

I’m with you…I ain’t seeing shit.

5 Likes