Nine (Southern Cross)

The online guides are just as confused as most of us. For Tasmania, ebroadcast, Yahoo7 and The Fix (nine.com.au) all have updated Channel Ten programming under WIN (although The Fix did not include WIN News at 5.30pm for some reason), but no Nine programming under TDT even though a deal has been signed.

To be fair the deal was literally signed off late last night. Websites will need to get revised listings confirmed from the networks before they can publish anything.

The ACMAā€™s take on the regional WA black-out situation.

Basically saying that although the Broadcasting Services Act doesnā€™t require them to broadcast ā€œat all timesā€, there are implications from the Act about the service they provide, both generally and with regard to the general content quotas (ie. Australian and childrenā€™s quotas rather than local content points). Saying ACMAā€™s talking to the licensees and theyā€™ll assess compliance ā€œon a case-by-case basisā€.

1 Like

Still no noodle updates on SCA Nine yet.

SCA have updated their website to include TV guides for their new NINE channels.
http://scmedia.com.au/content/SC%20Nine%20Guide.aspx

Yep, Tasmania has been broadcasting exactly the same as the other switchover regions since midnight and we have had Nine all day.

Unfortunately our local newspaper The Advocate has their weekly TV guide come out on Fridays and for all TDT entries it is an announcement that TDT has ceased operation and new arrangements are in the process of being made. Another good thing for SC and WIN by holding off the negotiations, none of the TV guides will be updated for a few days.

HD watermark bug again appearing on Nine News Now.

Interesting there is no placeholder channel for 9Life in Tasmania. Might be short of an encoder since TDT only even had 3 channels on the multiplex.

Could they reuse the one that was used by TVSN on Southern Cross? That one just has a static placeholder at the moment.

I suspect there was only one encoder for TVSN that served the whole country. Remember we lost Aspire when Racing.com launched. Makes me think they might be a bit short of hardware.

Thatā€™s right, forgot that and forgot the TVSN wasnā€™t a localised feed! Still quite impressed about everything getting done in such a short time frame and with the contract uncertainty in play as well.

Updated

3 Likes

Still not sure thatā€™s correct, in Tassie weā€™ve had 9HD most of the day unless itā€™s changed in the past couple of hours.

Iā€™m just posting here what SCA is producing, with the rate that things are changing Iā€™m not surprised it might be out of date already.

Feel free to take it up with them directly if you think itā€™s not correct.

Yeah yeah, no issue with your posting. Just found it odd but Iā€™ve had a look and it looks like the HD channel has changed to GEM so I reckon there must have been some technical issues or something with it.

Still got 9HD in Launceston on 50

Not sure whether or not it has ben mentioned but just before 8 this morning both 9HD and channel 9 blacked-out up here in NQ for a few seconds.

I hope everyone in Ayr, near Townsville, has sought grief counselling

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Ten/Southern Cross News

Brisbane Traffic Update just shown on SCA 9 :roll_eyes:

I am not going to complain because it is better than WIN! This morning a ā€˜Love this cityā€™ promo aired for the Gold Coast aired here and now Nine News Brisbane updates and promos are airing (usually rarely seen up here) and a Brisbane style endtag for ACA.