Nine (Southern Cross)

You can thank God this rubbish isn’t on metro Channel 9’s multiplexes and not on the Freeview FV app either! :innocent:

1 Like

Thankfully SBN isn’t available via the Nine/NBN multiplex in Northern NSW/Gold Coast either.

As much as I don’t hold a particularly high opinion of WIN as a broadcaster in Northern NSW, one of the very few good things to come out of NRN’s change in ownership from SCA to WIN a couple of years ago was the removal of SBN.

2 Likes

Even if it was, nobody’s forced to watch it

5 Likes

Are they still permanently displaying a PG classification logo during programming?

2 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

It’s been on-screen for so long it’s beginning to fade :smile:

2 Likes

I’m guessing SBN would be somewhat popular in regional Australia given that the regions typically lean more towards the right-wing of politics. I doubt they’d be keeping it on if it wasn’t providing them some kind of benefit.

2 Likes

Well they are getting paid to air it…

8 Likes

I don’t know of anyone who watches it, Christians included. Except for the other night, I put it on for a few minutes but that was just more to annoy the Mrs.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has noticed but I’ve noticed that the timing between ad breaks and the program is really off, especially for the bulletins in the Regional QLD market (not NT)

The ad breaks go overtime, and it just randomly cuts back to the bulletin, or it cuts off early to about 10-15 seconds of blackness before the bulletin returns.

3 Likes

When did you see this?

Problems like that were common here in North QLD when SCA took over the Nine affiliation, but they’re very rare now. So much so that I can’t remember the last time I saw any timing errors

2 Likes

I’m in Cairns at the moment and it’s mostly seen during Nine News Queensland on Weekends

4 Likes

I know that on Sundays the 6pm news in QTQ Brisbane has some kind of live cross or something in he 1st and 4th break and SCA manually cuts away from these to avoid airing it so that’s probably what is causing the timing issues.

2 Likes

Its ridiculous. Surely they could put a timer so it shows every 15 minutes or something.

3 Likes

Upon rescanning my Topfield STB just now, I’ve noticed that SCA Nine has changed their LCN name from “Nine [City/Region]” to “9 [City/Region]”, eg “9 Wollongong”.

8 Likes

And 9HD Wollongong too?

1 Like

It’s still 9HD Wollongong. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m really confused about what 9Voyager will do to SCA Nine… Maybe if someone provides a national campaign through there it’ll obviously come through SCA Nine’s dirty feeds… But for regional businesses? They’d be confused. So what if 9Voyager adds support for advertising through SCA Nine regions?

The 9Voyager terms and conditions state it is for companies who want to

It also mentions that advertising is booked in metro markets.

https://www.nineentertainmentco.com.au/2019/07/02/21/28/9voyager-terms-and-conditions

It is Nine’s own advertising booking system and appears to have nothing to do with SCA, and companies can’t use 9Voyager to book an ad on an SCA owned station.

1 Like

Or NBN/9 Northern NSW/9NBN/whatever it is called this week, where SCA run sales

3 Likes