Nine (Southern Cross)

Any other tips you’d like to post?

6 Likes

TDT channel 9 Tasmania ran a ticker along the screen earlier giving information on the current bushfires. I’ve never seen an emergency info ticker on regional AU TV before!

1 Like

I put some caps in the SCA 7 and 9 news last night. They had the same one on both the cricket and tennis last night.

1 Like

9 NNSW does too.

1 Like

Here’s a video of one from earlier tonight during the tennis.

Post-switch version of the Nine on 5 promo (taken from Facebook and reuploaded).

3 Likes

Just saw the old 9Life ident air on SCA’s 9Life feed! It’s pretty common, although the current one still airs often…

Emergency warnings scrolling across the bottom of the screen on SC9 in Townsville right now.

2 Likes

SCA are still airing the old version of the “dubstep” ident (current ver is the first 9Go! branded ident) AND the currently-not-in-use “GO for It” ident! Although they are airing the correct version of the second 9Go! branded ident but not the third…

SCA 9HD Wollongong just had some playout issues, for a brief period it was a dead screen then 9Gem was shown in HD until it very briefly went to Nine News Melbourne until problems were rectified.

6 Likes

Another playout error today 9Gem Central Victoria played a ch 7 Home and Away commerical during the HT break of the NRL.

12 Likes

Noticed the same on Nine Canberra last night, had the TV on at work watching Nine News Sydney then it went blank for 20 seconds or so then Ultimate Airport Dubai started playing for around 10 seconds with Gem watermark, then went back to Nine News, played for a few seconds then skipped ahead to a different story and resumed normal programming shortly after. Odd thing was, I switched to Gem and Ultimate Airport wasn’t even airing so not sure where that came from.

4 Likes

That would’ve come from 9Gem Melbourne, which aired Ultimate Airport Dubai at the 6-7pm timeslot last night after NRL.

2 Likes

And people were scared that the ABC was going to play WIN stuff by accident when MediaHub launched.

This is why all the networks needs to look after its own playout and not setup cheap-arse nasty crap like MediaHub and NPC Media.

4 Likes

I thought SC playout was moving to NPC in 2020.

2 Likes

If they are, they can expect this to happen a fair bit more if they don’t employ the right people.

It’s cost cutting, pure and simple.

2 Likes

I assume all SCA stations are still played out from Canberra for now until NPC goes live.

Given they are also a Seven affiliate in some markets (Tas, SA, NT) would probably explain why a Seven promo snuck through on one of their Nine stations.

3 Likes

SCA just aired a “Get ready, New South Wales” state of origin ad here in North QLD. Whoops!

7 Likes

Southern Cross. Shame on you. Is profit your only motive ? How dare you allow this horrible hypocrite appear on free to air TV ? Caught the second time with a sex worker after crying and begging for forgiveness from his god with “I’ve sinned against you my lord” in front of 8000 followers - the second time - 3 years after the first - his response “The Lord told me it’s flat none of your business.”
GET THIS RUBBISH OFF TV IMMEDIATELY.
Religion may be good business for Swaggart but Southern Cross should show some integrity.

4 Likes

So… don’t watch it? Not actually sure if many people do but if they’re paying for it to be on and with regional TV the way it is, why wouldn’t they accept the money? It was around before YourMoney started so it’s not a new thing and carrying YourMoney wouldn’t have given them any extra real income compared to having SBN.

4 Likes