Nine (Southern Cross)

Similar on ONE Shepparton - program guide has been wiped for the rest of today, currently reading “GEM Reg VIC Transmission Commences 12mn”

Looks like some kind of error, unless SCA are actually testing things out at midnight tonight?

All seems very strange especially given the stated LCN arrangement where 50 = 9HD

Eleven has been showing a similar message after midnight for a few days now.

On LCN 5 that previously had 9’s line up of shows has also changed to something equally useless

It had previously looked like this

Makes it hard to program a DVR for shows after midnight Thursday.

4 Likes

is it showing actual programs though and from that picture it looks as though they got the date wrong. As it shows Nine on 5 at 12am and Friends at 12.30am

The Freeview EPG seems to be better

For 5 - showing the last part of “Stalker”

LCN for 50 and 55 are almost correct for GEM/GO

According to an earlier EPG there was supposed to be a 30 minute Nine on 5 intro on LCN 50 at midnight.

3 Likes

Just checked the EPG here in Mackay in Central QLD.

LCN 5 has:
“Southern Cross ten Reg QLD transmission” listed from 12am Friday morning through to 6am Sunday morning, and then lists Nine programs listed for Sunday.

LCN 50 is completely blank, it doesn’t even show a TV guide for today.

LCN 55 has:
“Southern Cross ELEVEN Reg QLD transmission” listed from 12am Friday morning through to 6am Sunday morning and is then blank from then onwards.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: WIN Television

Which is more reason why their continued insistence people won’t need to rescan is going to bite them. As 9HD will be MPEG-4, that will very likely use a new service ID on the multiplex, while it looks like aside from switching One from HD to SD, it will be a simple programming changeover of One to Gem and Eleven to Go, using the existing PIDs.

That will indeed mean people won’t need to rescan - but it would mean getting Gem on 50 and Go on 55 until they do. I wouldn’t be surprised with many of those same TVs continuing to have service labels saying ‘SC10’/‘One’/‘Eleven’.

TVSN becoming Life would be the easiest of the swaps - I’d expect a placeholder at midnight.

I was wondering about this.
With most people not rescanning after the changes, won’t a fair majority of TVs just continue to display the names “SC10” on 5 and “ONE” on 50?

An if they have Gem showing on 50, what happens to 9HD?

Would likely not be listed at all until rescanning - some TVs/boxes simply scan for channels and then retain that information as is until they are scanned again, rather than updating that detail when a service is next tuned in.

A set that would detect the new 9HD service and add it to the channel listings would likely also update the LCNs and channel names for the other SC services.

1 Like

I’m in a very interesting position in trying to explain all of this without confusing everybody. I’m the PD for a radio station that’s signal and licence area crosses over into 3 different TV markets & It’s signal even fringes into a 4th. So here it is. 70% of our audience won’t be affected by this as they live in either the Northern NSW or the Remote Service Area. the other 25% Live in Goondiwindi who receive Regional Queensland plus we have around 5% of our audience who get TV from the Central West who are apart of Southern NSW. So my question would be how do we explain all this without confusing everyone ?

1 Like

For those affected areas:

From July 1 when you switch on your television set to watch Offspring or MasterChef, you will find them on channel 8 on your remote control, not channel 5 as they are now. And the regional network showing the programs will be WIN, not Southern Cross Ten as it is now.
Likewise, when you flip over to watch The Voice and The Footy Show from Friday, you will find them on channel 5 on your remote, not channel 8 as they are now. And the network showing them will be called Nine, not WIN as it is now.

1 Like

Here is the thing thou. I don’t want to confuse everyone to much as most people who listen watch 9 on 8 via NBN

1 Like

Simple

For those in Northern NSW watching via NBN, you’re unaffected by these changes

1 Like

My attempt at a clear message

13 Likes

Here’s the latest Nine on 5 Promo featuring scenes from The Voice that I mentioned yesterday.

7 Likes

[quote=“ando9185, post:615, topic:1198, full:true”]

[quote=“chuck, post:614, topic:1198”]
Also said that he was very confident that Tasmania will have a deal in place by Friday.[/quote]I would be really, really surprised if there wasn’t but it gives WIN an advantage by holding out because there’s no time to communicate the change. I believe there’s been a 9 on 5 promo on once before on TDT but I’ve never seen anything and the only indication something is up is a few WIN promos.[/quote]I’m still of the same opinion that a deal will be struck at the last minute for TDT. I just can’t see Nine’s programming MIA in the state and the outrage will be deafening if it actually does ‘disappear’. And on the subject of the ‘Nine on 5’ promos, I saw at least a dozen individual airings of it on TDT during the first week of them making an appearance, but I must say, I haven’t seen any in the last week or so (probably because of the current uncertainties around it I guess).

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:641, topic:1198, full:true”]Just checked the EPG here in Mackay in Central QLD.

LCN 5 has:
“Southern Cross ten Reg QLD transmission” listed from 12am Friday morning through to 6am Sunday morning, and then lists Nine programs listed for Sunday.

LCN 50 is completely blank, it doesn’t even show a TV guide for today.

LCN 55 has:
“Southern Cross ELEVEN Reg QLD transmission” listed from 12am Friday morning through to 6am Sunday morning and is then blank from then onwards.[/quote]Here in Hobart the EPG for Thursday/Friday morning on WIN and TDT (multichannels included) is currently.

LCN 5: ‘The Project’ 11.30pm-12am, 12am-6am “Southern Cross ten Tas transmission concludes” which runs till Sunday morning then no more info to follow.

LCN 50: ‘Chopper’s Republic of Anzakistan’ 11.30pm-12am, 12am-6am “Southern Cross ONE tas transmission concludes” with the EPG running to the same day/time as above.

LCN 55: ‘The Late Late Show’ 11pm -12am, 12am-6am "Southern Cross ELEVEN tas transmission concludes"with EPG same as above again.

LCN 8/80: ‘Extra’ 11.30pm-12am, 12am-1am ‘WIN’s All Australian News’, 1am-2am ‘The Late Show’, 2am-2.30am ‘TBA’, 2.30am-4am ‘Home Shopping’, 4am-4.30am ‘TBA’, 4.30am-6am ‘CBS - This Morning’ and then no more info to follow.

LCN 82: 11.50pm-12am ‘Gem Presents’, 12am-6am ‘Movie’ then no more info to follow.

LCN 83: 11.30am-12am ‘Sullivan & Son’ 12am-6am ‘Movie’ then no more info to follow.

LCN 84: 11.30pm-12am ‘House Hunters International’, 12am-6am ‘SS 2430-2500 TBA’ then no more info to follow.

I like WIN and the Ten logo like that rather than Win inside the circle.

3 Likes

I don’t think TVSN is confirmed. At least I haven’t seen it mentioned

I wonder what WIN’s position is on streaming rights during these negotiations (Tasmania etc). Are they wanting exclusive “broadcast” rights to include streaming and the implications for 9Now in these areas.