Nine Radio (Talk)

Yep. Same hosts.

1 Like

Three hours of camping and 4WD info on a Friday afternoon. Do they seriously think there’s an audience for that? In any case, I thought The Bowen was paneling for Ben Fordham on 2GB from 3-6pm. How can he do that while also presenting on 2UE?

Probably pre-recorded like it is now.

Thanks. I’ve never listened so I didn’t realize. That makes it even less interesting IMHO.

Was flicking between stations and just heard Ray Hadley having a go at 2UE. He said 2GB would continue to be Sydney’s premier talkback stations whilst they would move lifestyle shows that didn’t rate to 2UE.

I can’t believe the decision to move a show about camping to a weekday prime slot. I wish Macquarie would keep 2CH and sell 2UE to someone who would make it a viable option rather than killing it off.

Hadley never rushes to say a good word about 2UE, even post-merger! However, on this occasion I’m surprised he wasn’t more supportive of his mates about the move.

If Macquarie’s strategy is as Hadley describes - to move lower rating shows to 2UE - then I think it is a strange one! If a show isn’t rating, shouldn’t it be ditched altogether?! This doesn’t bode well for the rebuilding of 2UE - which I fear will end up as a hotch potch of shows with no coherent overall sound or feel to the station.

I think the new show will be live (isn’t the current 2GB show usually live? On the odd occasions I’ve heard it, I’m sure they’ve given out the phone number for calls). From what I gather, it will be the standard format of a weekday afternoon/drive show, with news and travel inserts etc but with the features/interviews/guests etc all being related to the subject matter of the show. Ben Fordham will have to find a new panel operator for Fridays!

Personally I don’t see it setting the ratings alight in that weekday slot but we shall see.

1 Like

Maybe MRN are deliberately making 2UE as unappealing as possible so they can quickly sell it off?

If so that sounds like quite an odd strategy, although it wouldn’t surprise me…

1 Like

Yeah I hear of large companies buying small companies and run it down until it no longer exists. But radio stations? I don’t think its a healthy environment at UE. Its seems quite bitter. It sort of like the ultimate revenge after Alan Jones and Hadey left all those years ago.
I don’t recall 2day FM, triple m or 2WS and Mix having the same issue.

If the shows aren’t rating on the #1 Talk station is Sydney, they will rate even less on 2UE. What advertiser in their right mind would spend money on these shows???

1 Like

I’m not sure 3pm on a Friday is a great timeslot.

And replacing the Duck and Bown show on a Saturday night after the NRL call is The Ray Hadley Country Countdown show.

I believe the Ray Hadley Country Music Countdown has been going for sometime on regional networks, this will be the first time it has been on 2GB.
http://www.2gb.com/sites/default/files/ray_hadleys_country_music_countdown2.pdf

Although The Ray Hadley Country Music Countdown is hardly a new show to Sydney audiences, I’m pretty sure that it aired on 2CH maybe around 2013 or thereabouts? Definitely before the Happy Days and Magic relaunches!

Malcolm Turnbull has taken the first tentative election campaign steps to settle the ferocious feud with powerful broadcaster Alan Jones that led the Prime Minister to black-ban Sydney’s highest ­rating radio network.

Mr Turnbull has personally reached out to Jones, whose breakfast show on 2GB is also ­carried in Brisbane and parts of Queens­land, as a first step in ­potentially ending his boycott of the entire network.

Dennis Shanahan in The Australian reports there is expected to be a private meeting this week between Jones & Turnbull. The Prime Minister has only taken one interview on Sydney commercial radio, John Laws of 2SM on April 22.

Source:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/federal-election-2016/feud-fighters-turnbull-and-jones-planning-talks-to-bury-the-hatchet/news-story/ce04e804de7b193b5be9296d63fe5b98

2SM interview:
http://2smsupernetwork.com/john-laws-show-prime-minister-malcolm-turnbull-interview-april-22/

Want to see 2UE’s new logo? Visit http://www.2gb.com/sites/default/files/regional_network_summary_may_2016.pdf and scroll to page 17.

2UE. Live. Laugh. Learn.

2 Likes

Ooh, Pyrmont has upgraded to Baby’s First Photoshop!

2 Likes

I wonder what Yalumba Wines will say of this?

1 Like

The Fisher Price of radio logos!

Presuming that’s actually 2UE’s new logo, it looks shocking!

I completely agree that the “Live. Laugh. Learn.” slogan is very similar to Fisher Price’s former “Play, Laugh, Grow” slogan as well.

If you think the new 2UE logo looks bad have a listen to the promo for the Caravan and Camping show promo. First it starts with the old radioactive theme followed by the hosts laughing uncontrollably. Sounds more like a promo for the continuous call team. Pretty sad to see what 2UE is becoming.