Nine Radio (Talk)

To me, this reads as: I’ll pay for Ray 24/7. :rofl:

Heh, Pay For Ray. That rhymes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Tom Elliott said at the end of his drive program today that 3AW is currently run by a skeleton staff, with several people falling ill to either COVID or flu, including Ross Stevenson and the producer of Neil Mitchell program.

2 Likes
2 Likes

According to The Australian’s Media Diary, Nine is currently looking at not broadcasting Ray Hadley on 4BC at all from next year. Nine Radio apparently sees 2024 as a critical juncture to cement the “live and local” philosophy for Brisbane, with the mayoral election on March 16, and the Queensland state election in October.

The report says that, after some high-level talks in Brisbane in recent days, the plan is to make a fresh start with a local mornings host by January next year, and it is understood that Hadley was fully aware of Nine Radio’s likely intentions before renewing his contract earlier this month.

4 Likes

Wow. $10m for the next few years and only metro city is Sydney…?

Keep an ear out for the 10.00am news bulletin on 3AW on Friday 26th May, when outgoing AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan will have a go reading the news bulletin, whilst he’s there for his fortnightly chat with Neil Mitchell, according to The Australian’s Media Diary.

The Friday 10am bulletin read by Gillon McLachlan went smoothly, although according to The Australian’s Media Diary, the AFL’s censors went through the script to make sure there was nothing to cause the league any controversies.

2 Likes

He didn’t really read the 10am news. It was a mock up at about 5 to 10.

6 Likes

It was awful. I had to turn it off. The cringe was overwhelming

Is there a link somewhere?

3aw website.

1 Like
3 Likes

An…interesting listen…

I think its been on the cards for a while it’s a good choice. I would say Neil Mitchell down in Melbourne who to my knowledge only broadcasts to Melbourne and some regional localities in Victoria would be on similar money at 3AW.

3 Likes
5 Likes

that sort of came from nowhere? Were the ratings that bad?

1 Like

Not surprised. Won’t miss her.

I think we all know who they will replace her with……

1 Like

It surely has to be Elise Elliott.

I quite liked Dee Dee and thought she did well on afternoons ratings wise but it looks like Nine’s wanting to bring in some new blood from within.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find it’ll be someone else……

1 Like

It will be Giggles Felgate. Woeful to say the least

1 Like

I’m not keen for back-to-back Elliots. Get rid of Tom and keep Elise would be my preference.

4 Likes