Nine Radio (Talk)

At the end of the show, it sounded like Kayley Harris has wrapped up her time on the show.

2 Likes

Ray Hadley is reportedly making an announcement on his show at 9:20am today. Ben Fordham made a concluding comment on his usual morning chat with him saying “been nice knowing you.”

2 Likes

It’s a contact extension worth $9 million.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ray Hadley re-signs until December 2026

Legendary talk radio host and sports broadcaster, Ray Hadley, has agreed to terms with Nine to extend his broadcasting career until the end of 2026.

Hadley, who has won every ratings survey since 2004 – 148 in a row – and is the founding member of The Continuous Call Team – now in its 37th year – will continue to host his Number 1 show, The Ray Hadley Morning Show for another three and a half years.

The extension means Ray will commentate at his 7th Olympic Games, when Paris stages the world’s biggest sporting event next year, and he will also notch up 100 State of Origin calls during 2025 – an unmatched record by any television or radio broadcaster.

Nine Radio Managing Director, Tom Malone, said: “We are delighted that Ray is committing to broadcast his Number 1 show for another 3 years, call Rugby League, and commentate at the Olympics. Ray is a broadcaster of unmatched work ethic and likely never to be repeated success.”

“I want to thank him for his great loyalty to 2GB. Every day at 9am our listeners, right across Australia, tune in for Ray’s take on the day’s news and sport, as he sets the national agenda and provides great laughter and entertainment along the way.”

Ray Hadley said: “After sitting down with Tom Malone over an extended period, and then gaining the support of my wife Sophie, I decided to accept an offer to extend my current deal. Nine Radio is an exciting place to broadcast and I’m looking forward to the next three years as much as I’ve enjoyed the past 22 years at 2GB. I’m also excited to be back at the Olympic Games in Paris 2024 – my 7th Olympics – and again, I’ll be the lead commentator at the swimming and track and field.”

“My life balance is wonderful these days thanks to my wife, my children, my grandchildren and the management of Nine Radio.”

2 Likes

Gives them 3 years to find his replacement.

I’d recommend myself, as I can quite cantankerous. :rofl:

2 Likes

But does the deal include 4BC?, I was expecting an announcement that he was going to take some long service leave.

1 Like

Probably.

1 Like

Keep an ear out for the 10.00am news bulletin on 3AW on Friday 26th May, when outgoing AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan will have a go reading the news bulletin, whilst he’s there for his fortnightly chat with Neil Mitchell, according to The Australian’s Media Diary.

3 Likes

Shane McInnes and Russel Howcroft broadcasting 3AW breakfast live from Singapore Airlines lounge at Melbourne Airport today, Shane filling in for Ross Stevenson.

Ross and Russel will travel to London next month for the Ashes series and Wimbledon.

3 Likes

Maybe Gillon wants to join 3aw Newsroom after he finishes at the AFL

3 Likes

Neil Mitchell briefly mentioned this morning that 3AW will be moving to the Channel 9 building, but didn’t specify when.

8 Likes

After whinging about the microphones not working and that they don’t do maintenance anymore because they are moving.

I’d say end of year considering a for lease sign went up outside the building that 3aw is in lot long ago.

2 Likes

So when are 2GB doing the same? Will they get a fancy new studio with camera everywhere? :rofl:

1 Like

Ben Fordham used to talk about being able to walk to work but nothing came of it. Then there was talk about the Newsroom and Sales relocating to the new Nine studios in North Sydney but I don’t think that happened either. My guess is that they will stay put in cheaper rental in Pyrmont.

3 Likes

who needs cameras? There’s truth to the saying “having a face for radio”

1 Like

“Having a face for radio” just describes everyone here. :laughing:

What’s not to say they won’t find a way to turn 2GB, 3AW etc., into simulcasts.

2 Likes

if they start doing that the presenters will want pay rises because they are now “on the telly”. Then they’ll want stylists and make-up to make them look presentable. etc etc. You can’t tell me those boofhead blokey presenters won’t be the biggest divas :nail_care:

1 Like

Who says they aren’t ones now?

1 Like

I’d pay to not see Ray Hadley on screen thank you very much.

2 Likes