You remember correctly, he rated really well on ABC Brisbane Breakfast, number 1 a lot (he had 15 point shares in some surveys).
Iâm watching 2GBâs live video stream - a few things:
- The position of the camera on Rayâs show makes him look like heâs in a fishbowl.
- Iâm surprised that they havenât put their radio stations on the DTV multiplex.
- They need to fix the sync - Rayâs mouth and the words coming out of it are not in sync.
- I thought they were meant to move in with the rest of Nine at North Sydney? Because having the cars in the background is not a good look
- Just a tip, they might want to sell the ad space where the logo keeps animating. And on the screens in the studio.
Although ABC and SBS do this, I donât think the commercials are allowed to? Someone may correct me on that.
Given how much both sides suck up to the media proprietors in this country, I wouldnât be surprised if they are allowed to, but donât to please the country stations who take their shows. But since a lot of stations are not taking the syndicated 2GB shows like they used to, Iâm surprised they havenât gone down that route. Just say theyâre datacast channels. ![]()
I donât believe there is any such licence available that would allow commercial radio to broadcast outside their licence area on DTV
Then explain internet streaming? I could listen to 2GB in Scone if I wanted to.
Nine would love to expand 2GBâs reach one way, and this would be an easy way to do it.
Internet streaming is not broadcast over the âairwavesâ.
I normally watch the live stream for Ray Hadleyâs show as it generally doesnât have the pre roll ads and insert ads that the main stream has which is a far better listening experience. Sometimes there arent any issues with the sync sometimes there is.
As far as the ads go donât give them ideas the pre roll ads are bad enough not to mention that the ads as a whole on commercial radio need reforms as ad breaks are too long which impact on the listening experience.
IIRC the broadcasting regulations do not permit commercial DTV services to include radio or audio-only channels.
Even if they attach vision to it? Surprised Nine hasnât tried to have it over turned.
I donât know the rules as such but I am not sure whacking a live webcam over a radio feed constitutes any more than a glorified radio service which (AFAIK) is not allowed.
I wonder if theyâd be able to get away with it if they bought back the Nine Guide with 2GB in the background xD
Could they put the live stream on DTV? Isnât it called datacastint or something ?
But if they do include video that significantly reduces their capacity to carry additional channels. I can see the additional revenue from getting handful of new listeners being any better than they get from the existing multichannels, especially when itâs shared with WIN in many regional areas
datacast channels canât carry radio programs, it seems?
Each datacasting licence is subject to the condition that the licensee will not transmit matter that, if it were broadcast on a commercial radio broadcasting service, would be a designated radio program.
Fair point, but you neednât transmit it at full HD. 480p would probably suffice. Letâs face it, who wants to see Hadleyâs face in HD, his head looks like a beaten favourite.
That can be changed if you suck up to the communications minister enough.
![]()
TBH I donât think itâs worth anyoneâs time or effort. Thereâs enough radio apps and streaming available that people can already listen to radio stations from wherever.
I know, but Iâm just putting it out there. It could be a goer if someone were so inclined and if you could justify it in the right way.
Theyâd have to justify it enough like 2GBTV or something with visualised radio and probably some exclusive content to make it work with licensing.
Neil Breen announced on air that heâs leaving his 4BC show in June.