Nine Radio (Talk)

Hadley has an apartment on the Gold Coast but interestingly never seems to broadcast from there or Brisbane. Probably the sooner they replace him in Brisbane the better. Perhaps they should have given Michael McLaren a stint as Hadley’s replacement as when Hadley retires (probably more sooner than later) he would be better than Chris O’K or Luke Grant but then again I would think Mark Levy as the likely choice.

1 Like

My prediction is Mark Levy will fill in for Breakfast now that Chris Smith is no longer there.

1 Like

I think it will be John Stanley or Michael McLaren on breakfast when Ben’s away. Hadley wannabe…I mean Levy should be kept as far away as possible.

2 Likes

Interesting to see the 3AW fill-ins. With Tom/Tony on Mornings and Tony/Seb on Drive, it looks like Heidi Murphy has possibly been moved to filling in on Afternoons, based off this tweet?

Wouldn’t be surprised if AW are grooming Seb for Drive if Tom ends up replacing Neil when the time comes.

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but I would have kept Chris Smith on air.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he eventually makes a comeback in a few years.

If not at 2GB, then at another station.

1 Like

I think he does an afternoon show on the streaming radio station TNT. The station that makes Sky News look like the ABC.

2 Likes

2GB Live at the Sydney Royal Easter Show!

For anyone interested, the 2GB Continuous Call Team will be calling games LIVE during the OB from the Easter Show.

Not sure if this has been done before. It would be interesting to watch how they do it from their “interactive studio”.

3 Likes

2GB Continuous Call Team should be calling games from the sports venues like Accor Stadium. How are they going to call games from the Easter Show?

6 Likes
3 Likes

Sofie Formica is filling on today’s breakfast show on 4BC with Laurel away for the second day sick. There was no fill-in on Thursday.

She also appeared on Today during the show.

7 Likes

Probably a long shot, but does anyone know who the V/O is on the Flower Power ads on 2GB? I think she also voices a promo for 2GB.coz as well.

1 Like

I can not believe Seb Costello is hosting Drive on 3AW! Just when I thought Jacqui and Jimmy on Breakfast was bad enough.

Incomprehensibly bad decisions here.

1 Like

Yes, I much preferred Stephen Quartermain in the breakfast slot with Emily Power(and before her Kate Stevenson)

Prefer Heidi Murphy on Drive.

1 Like

The website has since been updated to state that Heidi Murphy will now host Drive next week, not Seb.

2 Likes

The 11am hour show with Bill McDonald in Queensland has now ceased due to the end of daylight savings.

Bill is however filling in on 4BC Drive this week for Neil Breen, while Neil is filling in for Ray Hadley on QLD stations.

2 Likes

Thank the lord.

Even though I hate the fact they sometimes have someone from the same household (Tom and Elise Elliott) hosting for sometimes up to 6.5 hours of the day, Elise is leagues ahead of orher fills such as Jacqui and Jimmy.

Heidi works wherever she is, but she’s more of a hard news breaker so belongs on Mornings or Drive.

2 Likes

Can Shane (cohosting breakfast) talk about anything other than bloody sport? Almost everything he talks about is sport related. This isn’t SEN …

2 Likes

Sadly he can’t. His expertise and knowledge only stretches so far.

Bring back Quarters and Emily Power to breakfast please 3AW.

1 Like

I thought it would be Jimmy Bartel hosting again with Jacqueline Felgate this week? Unless Jimmy has other commitments (e.g. AFL podcast and appearing on Wide World of Sports on Thursday) and he doesn’t want to do double shift?

Jacqui is definitely cohosting 3AW breakfast this week.

1 Like