Nine Radio (Talk)

Great to hear Sam Pang back on radio since leaving Nova Breakfast, joining Grubby and John Origlasso for the first hour of The Weekend Break yesterday. Very funny listening. John is a producer on The Front Bar and writes many of the jokes that Sam, Mick Molloy and Andy Maher use.

Roughly the first 40 mins of this full show podcast if you want to listen.

5 Likes

Quite enjoyed Sam Pangā€™s appearance too.

Sam Pang and John Origlasso worked together at 3RRR previously and appear to be quite good friends still so it was a very entertaining hour with Grubby.

2 Likes

I really donā€™t get the appeal of him. I turn off whenever he appears on any of the programs, itā€™s boring.
Drive, afternoons and the weekend break all have him on.

1 Like

With survey no 1 underway now ā€¦ just a few observations from me regarding Sydneyā€™s No. 1 2GB. Ben Fordham is in cracking form ā€¦ some high profile interviews including tying Albo in knots re the voice. Lotā€™s of publicity for Benny. Hadley keeps churning out what his audience wants in mornings. Biggest weak spot by far is Afternoons with Deb Knight. I know sheā€™s lovely but its mostly forgettable snooze-fest radio. Chris OKeefeā€™s drive is smashing it out of the park ā€¦ heā€™s natural, punchy, entertaining, newsy and fast paced. Winner. Nights with the mercurial John Stanley will again win by a country mile. Also Iā€™m really enjoying Luke Grant on overnights as his new home.

3 Likes

Completely agree with all of the above. Especially loving Ben & Chrisā€™ show.

Both have the personal hunger to blow current news issues wide open.

ā€¦ I wish 2UE were like this back in the 2GB v 2UE days ā€¦

3 Likes
6 Likes

Pretty sure Tom Elliot just burped live on air while reading an advertisementā€¦

6 Likes

Aaannndd this is why we love MediaSpy :rofl:

4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

While he stills appears with blonde hair on 2GBā€™s site, Ben Fordham has been given a grey makeover in advertisements on the side of Sydney buses. Normally media companies try to make their talent look younger nor older. Maybe trying to make him blend in with the target audience?

1 Like

Having him pose inside a coffin was deemed too tacky.

3 Likes

Tom Elliott will host 3AW Drive from Geelongā€™s Avalon Airport next Tuesday (February 21) from 3pm AEDT, to celebrate Bonza Airlinesā€™ inaugural flight from Avalon to Sunshine Coast. That flight is already sold out.

3 Likes

Shane McInnes filling in for Ross Stevenson on 3AW breakfast today.

3 Likes

Ross Stevenson mentioned this morning that there is a ā€˜For Leaseā€™ sign out the front of the 3AW building. He said heā€™s unsure whether it means 3AW will be moving.

3 Likes

This listing was added 5 days ago, and based on the pictures suggests that the available spaces are already vacant.

The nature of the facilities required by radio stations (studios, tech fitouts, etc) take a while to build so theyā€™d know they were moving long before the space came available for lease.

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming 3AW has finally moved into the same building as GTV9 and The Age?

1 Like

No, they havenā€™t.

6 Likes

The NBN were leasing of this building until moving to the Collins Square development further down into Docklands. I suspect itā€™s their former tenancy.

4 Likes

The four weekly regulars on 3AWā€™s Wide World of Sports during this AFL season made their first appearance this week.
Monday - Matthew Lloyd
Tuesday - Leigh Matthews
Wednesday - Matthew Richardson
Thursday - Jimmy Bartel

2 Likes