Nine Radio (Talk)

We it it after the report on Renee Geyer but given she’s a local that makes some sense.

1 Like

I believe you’re referring to the late Jim Molan.

Your comment is grossly disrespectful and plainly ridiculous. Educate yourself rather than pleading ignorance.

5 Likes

They hate each other and had many run ins on air.

3 Likes

Respect is something that you have to earn.

3 Likes

I am just saying the coverage showed a liberal agenda on the side of Nine Radio. If he was a former Prime Minister or a governor general then having this story as the first in most news bulletin on 2GB during the day is justified he was not in a such a role. A large percentage of people with no direct association with the Liberals would not know who he is such as me. I disagree that my comments were offensive I was just pointing out something that directly at first didn’t make sense but does when you think more about it. Would Nine do the same for a similar person in the Labor party? I think not. Why?

1 Like

Agreed @AustralianAerial

When Labor’s Senator Kimberley Kitching died, that led bulletins on 2GB for most of a day, but I found myself in a similar position to you wondering who she was despite the fact I’d seen or heard her a zillion times on 2GB and Sky.

Personally I think an event which will mean a change to the composition of a parliament (even if the party mix doesn’t change) is more important than most of the house fire, crime and car crash stories which fill 2GB News, but also agree it probably doesn’t need to lead every bulletin. But it’s not the most dubious piece of story selection in that news service and I was particularly taken aback by the editorialising in a pre-Aus Open story about it being the best tournament in the world and “tennis how it should be”.

As a generally-conservative voter, I took no offence to your comment. I thought it was a perfectly fair observation.

2 Likes

Kitching too is interesting because coverage of her death was elongated by the bullying allegations made against other Labor MPs and the political football that ensued.

1 Like

They’re not a music station so why would you expect anything else?

Well it was a matter of not knowing what to expect - on a station that was previously purely talk, but then employing the former breakfast team and adding a music director from 4KQ to add music to their format.

1 Like

I still think the classic hits/talk hybrid format on 4BC is a waste.

Brent James should jump ship to 4BH already. I bet he’s got a tonne of ideas already that he could roll out at 1116AM if they hired him.

6 Likes

Also her death was sudden and in public whereas Jim Mollan had been fighting cancer for some time, I was surprised he put his hand up for preselection at all.

1 Like

Massive week for Ben Fordham on 2GB breakfast. Skewered the PM in an extended interview to expose Albo’s lack of knowledge of any real detail on his pet Voice project. Then Ben busted the PMs office doctoring the interview transcript. Ben has made 2GB breakfast his own … it should be a titanic battle again this year versus K&JO for No. 1 overall brekky here in the Harbour City. Bring it on.

6 Likes

Nine mic-socks in the 4BC studios.

2 Likes

Ben is making news with the PM, and 4BC is doing the Birthday Wheel & playing classic hits.

Is this the same network?

2 Likes

I know what I’d rather and it’s not Ben abusing people in the mornings :roll_eyes:

1 Like

isn’t that a good thing, though, that even though they’re the same network they are tailoring content to their individual markets, rather than turning everywhere else into Sydney-lite.

6 Likes

Like Caralis is doing

2 Likes

What a hero! Fordham and all the other insignificant little worms of talk back radio and Sky News plus the opposition should be getting together with Albo to ensure (as you call it the Voice project) is a success. First Nations people need this and a treaty, treaty should have been in the constitution.

Such a pity for Fordham and his ilk that the conservatives lost the election! Need to get over it and realise we now have a competent PM unlike Morrison, Abbott etc.

One thing I am grateful for is that Fordham is on Sydney radio, used to find his “starey eyes” very off putting on Ninja Warriors. :grin: He was made for radio where we don’t have to look at his face.

3 Likes

Would be great if this thread stuck to radio matters and not a philosophical debate on content. There are other pages within mediaspy to discuss this.

9 Likes