Nine Radio (Talk)

Thanks for the kind words but it was actually Max Dudley’s idea to put in the song (content director)— he was all over it.

We went to commercial break to give ourselves a few minutes to pick the right song. I’m glad you noticed. Cheers.

5 Likes

Good reading, glad he was there and responded. Radio is all about the moment and with a couple of songs an hour, music can be selected to fit many talk topics.

1 Like

Seriosuky? Two vulnerable people in Sam.and Molly for different reasons, Sam goes off on a tangent offering his opinion on Molly to anyone who’d listen like that annoying bloke at the pub who wants to direct the conversation his way. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got a lot of respect for Sam and his work both for charity his acting and VO work, but this isn’t his finest moment.

3 Likes

Clearly he’s got some issues, and Molly is clearly not that well either. It’s not a great look for the media exploiting them IMO.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the new logos, a bit bland but ok. But I can’t believe they don’t have the frequency somewhere. Yes I know streaming and DAB are the future, but what about now? What are the stats on who is still listening on AM? My guess is still a LOT.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a North American logo without a frequency included somewhere. I think they’re getting ahead of themselves.

3 Likes

Branding is up in the AW studio’s now

4 Likes

Excellent interview by Ben this morning holding Albo to account on his blank cheque ‘voice’ proposal.

4 Likes

I only listened to bits and pieces of the interview Ben did not show Albo respect talking over him numerous times I expected better. The right wing media has a thing about the voice to parliament not having detail which is partially correct but at the same time the vote is still months away.

Ben was responding to pretty reasonably to Albo’s refusal to answer basic questions.

3 Likes

He should not be talking over guests regardless.

It was a forthright exchange. Albo was talking over Ben and being condescending. Very few interviewers push to get straight answers. All politicians need to be held to account.

4 Likes

Especially Labor ones on a right wing radio station!

Albo show Ben some respect, he works for Channel 9. :grinning: After all you’re only the PM.

Like those belly rubs that Hadley used to give to Morrison

2 Likes

Deberah Knight was also slamming the ABC for only giving a 30 second mention about Joe Molan’s death and how it showed bias against the Liberals. He was a Senator a general in the army. To my knowledge he wasn’t even a minister. I had never heard of him before. Why was he’s death the main story on SMH.COM.AU and the number one story on 2GB’s news for much of yesterday? A 30 second mention on the ABC’s 7pm news seems justified to me.

2 Likes

is she monitoring ABC radio 24/7?

Given the ABC and the number of former News Corp journalists they have on the books, I was pleasantly surprised it wasn’t the top story on Sydney’s ABC 7pm news.

Those in the conservative camp probably loved him; he did help Abbott “Stop The Boats” before he went into parliament.

In that circumstance, the ABC might’ve been accused of other things if they did a longer detail on him, possibly painting that in a negative light. Bit of damned if they do/if they don’t I suspect.

1 Like

I’m not sure about other states, but ABC Victoria had a 40 second RVO package which sumed up his military, political advisor and Senate career with a cliop of Dutton paying his tribute to him. His sad, was as it it for family, friends and colleagues wasn’t unexpected and will have no impact on the make up of the senate.

2 Likes

Same report aired in QLD; possibly notable for coming well before the report on Renée Geyer.

1 Like