Nine Radio (Talk)

Yes Clinton mentioned on air he’ll continue his week day reporting role in addition to weekend overnights. Surely he’ll take a couple of days off during the week.

2 Likes

Some of his Editorials seem to come from his Home Studio so maybe he will only travel on a “need be” basis. Besides he is on holidays now until the end of the month.

2 Likes

You could argue there are some regional talk networks, i.e supernetwork in Sydney and regional NSW, ACE in regional Vic and the ARN-acquired Grants’ regional stations, with the classic hits/ AM stations having talk content as well as music.

2 Likes

ACE/Grants mainly relay talk content from Nine Radio so wouldn’t call them a network. The 2SM Super Network is probably about the only other proper independent ‘network’ out there, even if it is NSW-centric.

2 Likes

And FiveAA is only one station and there is no commercial talk competitor so I wouldnt include them either

2 Likes

C’mon … i will try and get M Williams esq to fill in on 2GB when needed. Anything… and i mean Anything is better than sending up the pipe the dozy old musty 3AW overnights to an alive city like Sydney. Even Mike.

3 Likes

Well I can assure you it aint going to happen in a hurry. I have commented on 3AW overnights before so won’t go on and on but 5AA takes the show so they must be doing something right.

1 Like

3AW breakfast is back. Such a huge difference from the summer fill ins.

And the production values come with it. So much slicker.

2 Likes

The last two shining lights of 2GB are Michael and Luke Grant.

I am so glad Luke no longer has to deal with the Victorian market. So annoying listening to him have to satisy Melb callers. They are a different breed. He is perfect for the Sydney Brisbane market. Luke no longer has to pretend he supports the Melbourne Demons in the AFL. What a relief. He’s been dealing with Victorian callers for too long.

Michael McLaren deserves his daytime gig and that means Stephanie will still call in. She is great value even though she was originally from Perth.

2 Likes

I saw a new ad for Ross and Russ on the side of a bus this morning, complete with the new 3AW logo.

3 Likes

It’s a pity that Stephen Quartermain doesn’t seem to fill-in anymore. I guess it’s a management directive from either Nine or Ten that he can’t appear on a Nine product if he’s on Ten News in the evenings.

2 Likes

Surprised Nick is still on Sunday mornings

2 Likes

Sam McClure is back from holidays and hosting 3AW Wide World of Sports. For the next two weeks he will present from a mobile studio outside KIA Arena at Melbourne Park, during the Australian Open.

2 Likes

3aw new logo mic flags in studio now. All logo strips in the studio walls have been removed too.

5 Likes

He certainly does after 15 years of nocturnal overnight working. My only concern is that MM goes from 27.5 hours of regular weekly broadcasting down to 8 only. Not really enough for such a talent. Hopefully the new gig is a stepping stone for him to a major weeday 2GB shift. I could see MM taking over from Hadley eventually in mornings…a much better option than Mark Levy.

Also while on 2GB … I’m enjoying Chris OKeefe’s new drive show. A lot more newsy and faster pace than the meandering of Jim Wilson. More like the 2GB successful drive show of old hosted by the likes of Stephen O’Doherty (“Sundown Rundown”). I think CO’K will work.

However i will miss Joe Hildebrand who hosted 2GB summer afternoons with great humour, wit and entertaining quirkiness. Now back to Deb Knight’s very prim and proper but quite bland and boring show … imho

5 Likes

Chris O’Keefe is doing a brilliant job. Best I’ve heard since Paul Murray moved to 2UE drive.

They need to put John Stanley on arvos and The Two Murray’s on Evenings.

1 Like

Good to hear 4BC afternoons sub in a Renée Geyer song in discussing her death. The beauty of having a great EP in Rob McKnight.

A welcome change from the monotonous turnover of ex 4KQ recurrents.

Makes you wonder why former 4KQ music director Brent James is knobbled to such safe choices at 4BC that belie his knowledge and skill.

3 Likes

Exactly, I can’t remember being pleasantly surprised by anything that 4BC has played since the new breakfast team started; something that used to be frequent with 4KQ’s playlist.

3 Likes

This was some great radio yesterday - well done 4BC Afternoons and Rob.

2 Likes

Yuck