Nine Radio (Talk)

John Stanley indeed hosted the show this morning, and says he will be there until years end.

The Nine Radio syndication program changes page has a TBA listed from 02/01/23 to 13/01/23 for the show.

Also in Brisbane for Summer, Spencer Howson is filling in on Breakfast and Jason Dasey is filling in on Drive. Mornings and Afternoons have already been discussed. According to the 4BC site, they’ll be taking 2GB weekends with Michael McLaren over Summer too.

3 Likes

Mark Levy being broadcast into Melbourne at the moment due to technical difficulties at 3AW. Seems to be a regular problem there.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Chris Smith has been sacked.

4 Likes

No surprises there.

Once the summer fill-ins finish, I reckon Bill Woods is a strong chance of being the new host of that weekend slot next year.

1 Like

3AW resumed normal broadcast at around 9.30am AEDT, but not after this:

2 Likes

Or bring back George Moore if he is interested. Moore is no good on his own, he needs a good sidekick. Maybe that clown on Channel 9 News, he has done it before.

2 Likes

Maybe George Moore with someone like Natalie Peters?

My ideal lineup would be Chris O’Keefe and Natalie Peters for something a bit younger than the usual old bloke shouting at the microphone in Chris Smith.

3 Likes

George Moore followed by The Two Murray’s.

Now we’re talking!

Who are we kidding. It’ll be another washed up Channel Nine personality.

2 Likes

In my opinion Natalie Peters is an average talent and a just ok newsreader. Maybe this is why they took her off morning newsreading. I guess they will have her on Christmas Morning, I won’t be listening.

Just imagine if 2SM were to put Chris Smith at Sydney breakfast.

1 Like

I hope that doesn’t happen he has had too many chances already.

John Stanley is an amazing employee. Mr Reliable.

2 Likes

Chris Smith: 2GB radio host sacked by Sky and Nine over alleged drunken treatment of women | Nine Entertainment | The Guardian.

Looks like The Real Love Boat will be back after all but with a new host and ‘celebrities’.

2 Likes

When was the last time 2GB (or even 2UE) did a Radiothon? Other metro markets do it more often than Sydney does.

2GB Vinnies Christmas Radiothon - 2GB - 2GB - Sydney’s premier news and talk radio station

2 Likes

Not anymore.

Chris Smith sacked from cruise job as well as Sky News Australia and 2GB

Luxury Mediterranean cruise firm Travelrite International has now let him go from his job as a celebrity host on one of its cruises.

8 Likes

Good!

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of Bill Woods, he’s been calling the iron man this weekend. I remember him hosting the V8 Supercars many years ago.

2 Likes

Michael McLaren hosted Breakfast on 2GB this morning as John Stanley has got COVID. Michael said that John will hopefully be back tomorrow. Great opportunity for Michael nonetheless. There was some speculation in The Australian that either Michael, Luke Grant, Bill Woods or Joe Hildebrand could get the permanent weekends gig with Chris Smith gone.

2 Likes