Nine Radio (Talk)

Ray Hadley has just mentioned on air that ”some network stations will be rejoining us in 2023 and they will be most welcome to do so”. Fair to say the Steve Price experiment has failed.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Why is there a temp studio? Are they moving/renovating?

1 Like

We’ve had to move over to the other side of the building while the original studios get renovated and upgraded. We will be in the temp studio for about 6 or 7 months

3 Likes

Great to see NEC spending some money at Cannon Hill - it hasn’t seen a lot of love in recent years.

2 Likes

Is there any 4BH branding on the building? Or does ACE use any of the Nine studios there?

1 Like

SMH reports Chris Smith has been suspended indefinitely from Nine Radio and Sky News, pending the outcome of a HR investigation into allegations of misconduct at the Sky News Christmas party.

He will no longer fill in for Ben over summer.

I expect it will be Michael McLaren stepping up to fill Smith’s previous time slots.

2 Likes

what - again?

3 Likes

Kerry Packer’s Xmas hamper was better than any Xmas party(I got one once). No unfair dismissal actions and no sexual harassment claims from the hamper: big ham, turkey, champers and white wine, pudding, nibbles and Xmas cake - easily fed 6 people for a couple of days.

Bring back the hamper at Nine I say!

4 Likes

Yeah he’s got form for this sort of behaviour.

2 Likes

Wow what a mess. Just as the main 2GB hosts have kicked off on break. Michael McLaren just back from his extended leave (“Daddy Day Care” as he called it) this weekend filling in for Mr Smith’s weekend mornings. Maybe Michael can cover Chris on weekday breakfast who was meant to be covering Ben. Can’t be Levy as he’s doing Ray’s mornings. Luke Grant doing drive over summer keeping the seat warm for Chris O’K. Great timing Smithy…

5 Likes

Ch 7 Sydney news carried the story

4 Likes

Maybe 2gb will re think weekend mornings altogether. What about Joe Hilderbrand and Natalie Peters. A new combination.

1 Like

Some old branding still around the building but not much. And no, ace doesn’t use the 4BC studios

2 Likes

We still get the hampers. Gynge brought them back when he was CEO

3 Likes

I reckon they’ll put John Stanley in summer breakfast.

3 Likes

Actually. That’s a good shout.

I reckon you’re right. He’d be the right fit for it. And could also fill in for Ben on breakfast.

The question is what to do with nights. Do you give it to Michael or Clinton or Natalie Peters?

2 Likes

Time for 2GB to throw some money at George Moore and lure him back.

1 Like

John Stanley is due to do Summer Breakfast for a couple of weeks in January. Might be brought forward… although he needs a holiday too.

I used to be a fan of Joe Hilderbrand on radio but he goes off on self indulgent tangents which seem to be an excuse for his ‘knowledge demonstration’ on ancient history or his other hobby horses. The show should be about the audience, the callers and Sydney, not Joe.

His recent stint in drive featured 90% interviews with labor MPs or unionists. Not really the target audience.

2 Likes

Always find it a little ironic how those that are quite happy to throw mud at others are so deeply floored themselves. In a tweet that has now been deleted, Smith refereed to somebody who had recently died as having had a long term problem with booze and drugs. Pot calling the kettle black?

3 Likes