Nine Radio (Talk)

Thought so.

Nine wouldn’t want to do that to Hadley too soon. Especially given his pretty solid ratings in Brisbane.

1 Like

Oops, I got caught out by the title! My bad

2 Likes

If you call coming 6th solid ratings, I would say average ratings at best.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Which they’ve had since Singo/Fairfax wrecked 4BC in early 2015, put on a Brisbane producer, Jaime Wells/Langford-Ely.

Hadley claimed he will leave when he is 70/in 2024.

For the sake of good radio, can’t come soon enough.

Neil Breen would be perfect for a lively news based morning show and drive could be filled by pairing Luke Bradnam with someone newsy. Him and Mal Lees were number one on the Gold Coast with a light news focus in the final years to 2016.

2 Likes

Who are the ones on the far left and right?

1 Like

Emilia Fuller (producer) on the far left, and EP Mark Davidson (aka Scorcher) on the far right.

3 Likes

Do they themselves publicly identify as far left and far right respectively? If not, that’s libelous and you should retract.

Ok mate we get it. No one is forcing you to listen and you beating the same old line adds nothing to the conversation on the forum

Move on

9 Likes

What? Is this a serious comment? Clearly I’m referring to where they’re standing for the photo.

7 Likes

It’s very clear what you meant. You even replied directly to the question asking who they are.

3 Likes

No, it’s where they’re standing in the picture.

6 Likes

Yes it was a serious comment, my apologies for the mix up. I must’ve scrolled past the photo yesterday, my context was the silly comment above yours, not the photo you were describing.

2 Likes

If you’re not listening then I don’t get why commenting the same bloody thing over and over is beneficial or relevant. I’m not upset or offended, I’m bored of your commentary. The same comment or “joke” is said almost weekly that it adds nothing to the conversation.

You seem to think it’s a witty joke, but it’s just boringly annoying regardless if you’re right and AW is right wing…

8 Likes

Jimmy Bartel filled in for Sam McClure on Wide World of Sports on 3AW tonight. Jimmy said that Sam, who had been broadcasting from Qatar all last week, is now taking a few days off now that the Socceroos are out of the World Cup.

Jimmy also mentioned a text number on air: 0477 693 693. When did 3AW introduce a text number? ABC Radio’s stations have had text numbers for the past decade for listener feedback and news tips.

3 Likes

The number has been mentioned and used on-air during evening and overnight programs, but I don’t think it’s been made public on the 3AW website.

3 Likes

At least a year ago. I came across this post from last year.

It doesn’t appear to be, although it is listed in 3AW’s White Pages listing.
I wonder if it’s not displayed on the website because Neil (or someone else with considerable pull) doesn’t want to deal with text messages. Neil would probably think it’s too impersonal. All the other Nine Talk stations have their SMS numbers listed on their websites.

4 Likes

3AW were using a text line a long time ago, probably late 2000s or early 2010s. I occasionally would text Neil, from memory he wouldn’t always read them out word for word and was open about doing so, probably the newspaper editor in him.

I don’t think it lasted very long, emails and Twitter became more prevalent.

3 Likes

2GB has it but not every show advertises it.

1 Like