Nine Radio (Talk)

Wow. Imagine Mike & Fitz making a comeback to radio.

1 Like

Sad to see Jim leave drive. I would also tip Chris Oā€™Keefe or Luke Grant. Would also be great to see Michael McLaren move to drive.

Clinton Maynard is a good fill in, but I find his delivery is too intense. His talk ratio is too high vs talkback and interviews.

1 Like

The contrast of Nine looking after Jim Wilson is in stark contrast to his Brisbane drive counterpart, Scott Emerson who wasnā€™t given a chance to say bye on air and this sham of him being a political contributor yet hardly used, I think Spencer Howson and John Stanley, as off prime time as one can get.

Oh and some Today show appearances.

Very poor treatment.

1 Like

2GB listeners heads will explode :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Itā€™s interesting that Jim is wrapping up on a Thursday, not just Friday.

I wonder if weā€™ll just see Mark Levy cover tomorrow, with a new announcer starting Monday?

Itā€™ll likely be an internal candidate.

1 Like

Carlton and Fitzsimmons both failed in their most recent attempts at radio for obvious reasons.

4 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t meant to be taken seriously. I couldnā€™t care less who is on Sydney right wing radio. Whoever it is will toe the conservative line and pay homage to their Chairman.

You might see a station record negative ratings with either of those two - frankly Pirate Pete needs less media outlets to spread his opinions, not more

3 Likes

SEN might have some competition for the lowest ratings in that case

1 Like

Depends on your point of view. I feel the same about ALL of Nine Talk Radio shock jocks!

1 Like

6pr new breakfast team announcement.

5 Likes

Awesome news. Millsy should never have been moved from Breakfast in the first place. Iā€™m glad 6PR finally realised that is where he should be.

2 Likes

They certainly did the dirty on Millys a few years back.

According to todayā€™s Herald Sun, Jimmy Bartel and Jacqueline Felgate will host 3AW breakfast on weekdays from December 12 to 23.

They last filled in for Ross and Russ for one week from September 19.

3 Likes

Yet no return of Chris Ilsley, was rating very well yet replaced.

1 Like

With Jim finished on 2GB is there any possibility they could get Chris Smith to the drive slot (or afternoons with Deb moving to drive)? In turn they could get someone like Bill Woods into the weekend slot as heā€™s familiar and is decent on radio.

2 Likes

Looks like Chris got a consolation prize for missing out on the ACA gig.

7 Likes

Good get for 2GB but a big loss to Nine News Sydney. Heā€™s a great reporter but not too sure about him as a presenter (though I understand heā€™s pretty good on radio so he could be a good choice).

3 Likes

Heā€™ll definitely help get headlines from the newsmakers of the day.

When does he start?