Nine Radio (Talk)

3AW abandoning local programming due to technical meltdown. Picking up John Stanley on 2GB from 9pm AEDT.

4 Likes

Oh dear that doesn’t sound good

3 Likes

Ironic considering AW GM Stephen Beers was their chief engineer in Melb prior to being appointed GM.

John Stanley again welcoming AW audience out of the 10pm news.

Midnight AEDT, Tony Moclair read weather on AW but alas, Melbourne audience to put up with Bill Woods. I’d switch over to Luke Bona instead.

Bill Woods’ overnight program will be heard on 3AW this morning due to technical difficulties, but strangely Tony Moclair read out the weather forecast at the end of the midnight news out of the 3AW studio.

So Tony has still come in to work this morning, yet will just be reading our weather forecasts for the next five hours?? That’s one way for Nine to make the most of their resources, lol.

3 Likes

I guess it’s in case he’s back on air sometime during the shift.

Ratecard is light for nights and ROS bonus spots overnight, big concern if studios aren’t operational for breakfast.

Maybe, but Bill Woods seemed pretty confident he’ll be heard on 3AW until 5.30am, and did say it could potentially be longer.

1 Like

That’s what I mean if it’s going longer, into bfast.

Now Bill is mentioning difficulty in getting a phone line out to the UK. Says their phone system playing up.

12:32 AEDT: Bill says no phones going out at Pyrmont. Calls are coming in & caller on air now.

Could Nine Radio be experiencing a cyber attack?

They often have issues with their phone lines and their IT systems in general. Seems that they don’t invest enough money into their systems and hqving humans available to support it. I doubt it’s another cyber breach

2 Likes

3AW taking Sydney’s news this morning. Far from ideal. Although 2gb news does have a much more pacey presentation. Like their sports reader.

2 Likes

The weather though is been read out by David Armstrong

1 Like

Totally bizarre that armo can’t read the news. Why couldn’t he just read it from the same studio as Ross and Russ?

1 Like

What a disaster, nobody in Melbourne will know what Matthew Guy is doing or saying if 3AW news is off the air! :grin:

How did Daniel Andrews allow this to happen…?? :wink:

6 Likes

News problems on AW appear to be fixed. David was doing the 9am bulletin.

1 Like

Was there any discussion on air this morning about this issues? Was it resolved by Neil’s show?

Based off the camera it seems only one studio is operating? Neil in the usual afternoons / drive studio

1 Like

I did hear Ross and Rus joking about it saying there’s a toaster not working in the studio and that’s why they were taking Sydney news. Followed by a jab about Sydney’s news being all about the traffic being backed up right from the Anzac Bridge back to Ray Hadley’s house. :joy:

Interestingly Armo did the 8:30am news on 3AW just before Neil’s show but I flicked over to Gold 1242 and they were still taking the Sydney news via Nine Syndication at this time. I’m at work now so not sure what’s happened since.

2 Likes

Seems most is all fixed however they are still getting some weird static across the ad breaks and anything that isn’t studio related.

1 Like

Would never have happened when Macquarie owned it - Nein are showing that being good at TV does not necessarily mean you are going to be good at radio too.

1 Like

Oh please. Lol.

I reckon Neil would’ve raised holy hell when he arrived at work this morning. The good thing is 3AW presenters have no problem openly calling out the Sydney based management on their shows regarding changes to talent and lack of investment. It’s ridiculous the top rating station in a world city the size of Melbourne keeps having these issues.

3 Likes