Nine Radio (Talk)

Luke Grant is super high-grade Spakfilla … he fills any and all gaps in the schedule. 9 Radio are blessed to have him on board. Love his work on any shift.

5 Likes

When asked whether or not they knew that the show would be heading across to 4BC as they signed off from 4KQ, the answer could be summed up as sort of.

Clare: “We were under contract with 4KQ until it was sold, so if the sale had fallen through then we would have been back on air until the sale went through. That said, we’d had talks to 4BC and other stations as well, and we were excited when that sale went through, because from that moment we could move across to 4BC.”

Hine: “In theory we knew we could come here, but nothing was signed.”

As soon as they got the green light, the team wasted absolutely no time in moving ahead with their jump to 4BC.

Hine: “Gary and Laurel were over in Hawaii, but I was actually in the station at midnight making sure the sale had gone through so we could sign our contract!”

4 Likes

That’s crap. Watch the video of the final broadcast and you can see Mark and Gary there in the studio.

1 Like

4BC WFH Set up

1 Like

I can assure you Gary was not at 4KQ on the Thursday night of the final broadcast day. Mark was.

1 Like

Not that I think Scott Emerson is any loss to radio current affairs, but has anyone heard him on 4BC or other 9 Radio shows in his new role as ‘Political Commentator’ since getting shuffled out of the BC daily deck?

1 Like

Watch the video. He was there singing along to American Pie. And Gary didn’t go to Hawaii, either.

4 Likes

Just before midnight June 30

4 Likes

Correct. I thought it was only Laurel who went to Hawaii.

1 Like

Ok agree to disagree. Re-activeness, the essence of Sydney talk radio seems to work in the Harbour City, unbelievable that it draws the punters in.
Seriously though, Kyle Sandilands moving to full time talk radio is pure fantasy. The program it presents at the moment is smut radio, akin to reading Heart Balm in the defunct Truth newspaper. Is it true that many of his fans are from the gene pool that suffers maternal iodine deficiency?

2 Likes

I’ve just spotted a bus in my neighbourhood with an ad on one side of it for Laurel,Gary and Mark’s breakfast show on 4BC

1 Like

Lots of outdoor ad spend for them. On buses and digital billboards.

1 Like

I stand corrected around that desk. I forgot he was there. I was wrong. I was put off by Robin being there. That studio felt like a covid hub.

1 Like

How many have contracted covid from that night?

No idea. Perhaps the alcohol was like a protector. :joy:

1 Like

But of course :crazy_face: :beer: :clinking_glasses:

Does Nine really expect 4BC listeners to make the switch to LG&M and then convert themselves to become talkback listeners for Hadley, etc?

There’s a reason talkback isn’t rating in Brisbane and this won’t fix the problem.

It’s only a matter of time till listeners get sick of switching between 882AM and 1116AM.

4 Likes

I guess a bit like a country station going from music to Ray? I think I am clutching at straws to find a good counter point. Maybe the ratings in next couple of surveys will tell all.

2 Likes

It’d be like K&J shifting to Mix106.5 and only reformatting 6-9am, but keeping the AC music outside of it.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, back in 2009-10, Mix 106.5 had a more CHR format during the day, but come evenings, they still had “Love Song Dedications”, which had a more Soft AC playlist.

There are a few examples of it on a number of other stations, particularly in the past.

5 Likes