Nine Radio (Talk)

Why didn’t Andrew do the right thing and acknowledge the elephant in the room (ie; 4BC is owned by Nine)?

Lets be honest - Nine wouldn’t have spent 90 seconds doing a promo pretending to be a report if Laurel, Gary and Mark were moving to a non-Nine Radio station.

2 Likes

Could we see Scott Emerson do Nights?

1 Like

I wonder if the Rumour File will find its way to 4BC Breakfast.

1 Like

I wonder how many people will listen to SENQ breakfast compared to 4bc breakfast with Laurel, Gary and Mark and 4bh breakfast with BBQ Bob

Was he back at NEW then? Was also at NX in a duo.

yep, Garth & Steve (The Steve being Steve Graham who’s still on 2KO - Triple M Newcastle)

2 Likes

I can’t believe Nine hired Brent James to program 3hrs per day of music on 4BC.

Surely there’s more he’ll be doing?

2 Likes

But 4BC is Talk 24/7.

Not anymore

3 Likes

Bet 9 want the 4KQ audience to move across to 4BC a lot more than they want the Classic Hits breakfast format. Good to see at least some 4KQ staffers picked up another gig though. Too many media workers have lost their jobs in recent years.

5 Likes

Perhaps there is also an agreement for him to work across 4BH and/or the Nine music stations network in some capacity as well, in agreement with ACE Radio? His “home station” may just be 4BC.

2 Likes

Brent James should be the music Director for 4bh/2ue/3mp/Magic 1278

7 Likes

My guess they will talk more than play music. How important was music in their show? Did they talk mostly about the artist and classic hits , or did they just talk mostly on the news/lifestyle?

I don’t listen to WSFM much for breakfast , or Kyle and Jackie, they could probably could pad it out more if they had no or less music.

1 Like

4BC is playing music in other shifts as of July 11 …afternoons and drive. Let’s see how that goes with a Talk audience!

5 Likes

Next to none

1 Like

Yeah the Brent James move is interesting. Makes me wonder how long this agreement with ACE will actually last. Are Nine positioning to take back control of 4BH/2UE/Magic.

1 Like

Wow!! Is this like a BBC style approach? Talk and music, or even ABC Local radio does play music from time to time. Clive Robertson in the good old days had music on 2BL for breakfast back in the 70s. Will Ray spin a few classic hits too?

But they’re against it, It’s Always News Talk on 4BC and they gotta respect that Decision.

1 Like

You’re talking 4BH right?

4BH is owned by 9 but leased to ACE so I wouldn’t think he could work on both stations. I’m quite surprised he is working for 4BC. I can’t see any real role for him other than programming the music for LG&M.