Nine Radio (Talk)

I imagine the radio stations are just simulcasting what’s coming off the television and might not have a dedicated host. Neil Mitchell might provide analysis on 3AW if I was to guess.

3 Likes

Lol. 3AW Remember When comes on at 10.50pm after the debate and finished at 11pm (usual timeslot is 10pm to midnight).

The program literally ran for 10 minutes tonight. They said hello, a brief mention of Reg Gorman’s memorial, read out two live ads, then said goodbye.

Great Australian Lives (pre-recorded) which usually airs at 9pm will instead air at 11pm tonight. Gotta keep Tobin Brothers happy :moneybag::moneybag:

7 Likes

That sounds very shoddy!

1 Like

What was the point of getting Phil Brady who is 82 drive to the 3aw studios for 10 mins of work?

Nine Radio did not think of that

They should of played music or ran ads for 10 mins instead

4 Likes

They probably did think of that.

But if the debate ran short or the connection was lost or whatever, they would need a program to take over.

1 Like

Monday 9 May and Tuesday 10 May -
Stephen Quartermain and Mark Allen hosting 3AW breakfast today, filling in for Ross and Russel.

3 Likes

Yeah, Ross Stevenson having contracted COVID.

I am finding Mark Allen is better listening than Russ.

4 Likes

This is the 4th week in a row that Neil has broadcast from home and not in studio.

Seems he may be a permanent home presenter?

I do find it a bit hypocritical that he talks about public servants should be in office more, yet he’s at home majority of the time (understand he isn’t a public servant, but still)

2 Likes

Correct. Therein lies your answer.

True. And Stephen Quartermain is great too. I always listen to 3AW breakfast more when the fill-in hosts are on. Much better listening. Although it’s sad we don’t have Kate Stephenson at 3AW anymore to fill-in but Emily Power has proved a great fill-in host too.

1 Like

I also find Stephen Quartermain good as well, very relaxing to listen to.
It would of been good if he got the permanent co-host role instead of Russ, but it could of possibly affected his role with Ten News over the long term. I like Emily Power as well.

Good to have a variety of interchangeable presenters who can be used when they need to be, especially during these times.

But I miss John Burns and wish he could of still been a part of the show, as a weekly guest or in the relief presenters pool.

4 Likes

It was mentioned this morning that Russel is expected back Wednesday. I suspect Ross will be off all week - will be interesting to see who partners Russ whilst Ross is off. I do think Quarters works best with a female co-presenter.

4 Likes

'We're off here': COVID-positive Ross shares an update on his health

Ross is feeling “perfectly fine” and will be hosting the show from a makeshift studio in his bedroom tomorrow!

4 Likes

LOL moment during Jacqui Felgate’s review of El Jannah charcoal chicken on 3AW Breakfast on Friday:

Felgate: “…it’s just on that right side of burnt”
Stevenson: “Sounds like a country and western song… the right side of burnt”
Felgate: “A bit like my career, Ross”.

2 Likes

Hope all you 3AW listeners ring Neil Mitchell tomorrow and check that he’s all right! I’m sure he’ll be heartbroken by the election result. :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yet Neil wants masks back!

You mean he’s actually right about something! Never thought I’d see the day.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Two questions:
Will the new WWOS radio show be broadcast in regional Victoria like Sportsday?
Will the branding affect the ability of personalities from rival media outlets (e.g. Seven and 10) to appear on the new Melbourne and Perth editions?

Hosts for the new programs in Melbourne and Perth will be announced soon.

This suggests that long-time host Gerard Healy may not be at the helm.

3 Likes

Jon Anderson’s column in the Sunday Herald Sun speculated that Jimmy Bartel and Jacqui Felgate are two potential options as program host.

So whether Gerard comes on board or not, his partnership with Sam McClure will inevitably be broken as from what’s being implied, the program will have a solo host.

I wonder if the likes of Matthew Lloyd, Leigh Matthews, Matthew Richardson etc. will continue to appear as weekly guests.

2 Likes

Gerard Healy is with SEN now anyway. He commentates on AFL Nation yet still hosts Sports Day on 3AW.

Due to the nature of Sports Day being produced by SEN this anomaly has continued in recent years but with the new WWOS program being produced in-house by Nine Radio it will be interesting to see what happens with Gerard Healy and Sam McClure.

6 Likes