Nine Radio (Talk)

They’re all conservatives, I’ll apologise on their behalf for not being conservative enough for you.

Don’t you realise hard core lefties have the same warped ideas of the ABC is you seem to with their gripe being it’s full of right wing sympathisers?

It’s head shaking stuff to those of us in the centre who espouse traditional Liberal or Labor views.

As for Credlin, it will be interesting to see if she adjusts her delivery from television for radio.

3 Likes

Does anyone know who is filling in for Jim Wilson? Or is he continuing on?

1 Like

He’s gone on holidays now, but I have no idea who’s taking his spot for the next few weeks.

1 Like

Never mind. It’s Luke Grant.

1 Like

Joe Hildebrand is doing alright so far. Much calmer and smoother than on Studio 10.

1 Like

No dude you are wrong. The likes of Turnbull, Hewson and Vanstone are not conservatives. They are so called ‘moderates’ or ‘wets’.

They are the only types the ABC will let on. And many of these types love bagging conservatives and that’s why the ABC let them in the door.

Turnbull gets the red carpet treatment everytime in the ABC bcoz he’s in line with all the ABC left causes and best of all loves to bag the tripe out of the Libs. Vanstone is the same.

When you do see a true conservative on the ABC they are usually the odd one out on Q and A, providing punching bag material for the other lefty panel members, incuding the lefty host.

Our taxpayer dollars pay for this one-sided tripe.

There should be a balance.

1 Like

Hopefully Luke Grant can replace the bland fence-sitter Jim Wilson on a full-time basis.

Grant is naturally funny and has opinions.

No George Moore is criminal.

Bring back George Moore!!!

1 Like

From the clips I’ve heard of Jim uploaded to the 2GB website, I wouldn’t say he’s a fence sitter - he’s complete right wing!

Hmm, yes they’re wets, but they’re still conservatives. I’m sorry that doesn’t fit your far right view of modern conservatism. Enjoy the cult while it lasts.

2 Likes

Heidi Murphy hosting drive over summer which interestingly they are calling “Summer Drive” on the break bumpers.

3 Likes

So is 2GB.

Why is it interesting? It’s Summer and it’s Drive. Just like Today Extra Summer and The Morning Show Summer.

In the past it’s never been differentiated.

Usually it’s just the usual “drive with…” and the fill-ins name.

It’s like this time round they are stipulating it so it’s almost separated from the usual program even though it’s completely the same.

Also another interesting thing is that Nick McCallum appears to no longer be Toms main fill in. I guess that’s a decision based on him being with Seven and only to be on Sunday Morning.

Not that I am complaining. Heidi runs rings around most presenters IMO

2 Likes

A Jones-Hadley wannabe who is grating on the ears.

1 Like

Heard 3AW cut into Money News dramatically with a siren and bushfire message tonight. Right in the middle of an interview. It was Tony Tardio reading it out. They then cut back to Money News in progress.

1 Like

That’d be the emergency warning for a grassfire near Mount Cottrell - ironically in the vicinity of 3AW’s transmitter site. Fire has since been downgraded to watch and act level.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the states emergency tone.

Throughout the Victorian bushfires it was almost heard every half hour, and in some days every 15 mins :frowning_face:

I guess one of the perils of national programs. They can’t throw to it unlike it’s able to be done locally.

2 Likes

A shame 2SM’s Marcus Paul can’t get onto Ben Fordham’ as program. Because this evening 2SM’s Gavin Robertson was on 2GB’s Wide World of Sports talkin’ cricket.

2 Likes

Dee Dee Dunleavy featured in Stellar magazine this week.

1 Like

Spencer Howson (formally from ABC Brisbane) to host weekends on 4BC from January 16.

2 Likes

From when?