Nine Radio (Talk)

Why do they persist with Jones?

1 Like

Have you ever actually tuned into him?

He does a pretty good job.

3 Likes

I have. And Iā€™d respectfully disagree.

Thereā€™s a tone of arrogance and contempt for the tailback callers in his delivery and a distinct lack of general knowledge of issues past and present. Heidi Murphy is a much better presenter, also Brett McLeod when heā€™s filled in previously though I think thatā€™s going back a while now. Alicia Loxley would also be a good choice yet they hide her away in arvos.

6 Likes

Better off having him fill in for Mitchell than Hitchener

2 Likes

Iā€™m a Tony Jones fan but more because Iā€™m a sports fan and have continuously watched him present sport on Nine News Melbourne every night (as well as Sunday Footy Show). Heā€™s a professional journalist and has done some great work on Nine over the years.

That said I take your point, not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but he is a popular personality in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Oh I donā€™t doubt his sports credentials although not a fan of the Sunday Footy Show for a long time now. His sports reports can be top notch, itā€™s the shoe horning into general news and current affairs I find odd.

I think he also did the 90s iteration of Sports Sunday or at least long form reports for it and recall they were decent. Just doesnā€™t come across well in radio (or as 6pm fill in) for me.

Note to self - do not listen to 2GB during summer.

Anyone complaining about Tony Jones, be grateful you do not have those three anywhere near you.

2 Likes

I actually really like Emily Power, sheā€™s great.

Below was the summer schedule that was posted a few weeks back

3 Likes

3AW is taking national news from Sydney between midnight and 5.30am, according to Pat Mitchell (3AW crime reporter).

6 Likes

So NO George Moore this summer

2 Likes

Why give her a platform?

1 Like

Because it matches 2GBā€™s listenership.

That would also mean 6PR is taking Sydneyā€™s news again for overnight. On Saturdays and Sundays, the news was read from 3AW from 1pm Perth time until 5 or 6am the next morning.

1 Like

Because she is bloody good.

Thereā€™s always the tax payer funded ABC for the likes of you.

3 Likes

What a waste if George Moore doesnā€™t get a gig anywhere.

The George and Paul show was great and should still be in on the air. Offering Mr Moore such an unreasonable contract was criminal.

2GB was once good - now full of bland types with no genuine opinions on anything.

Fish and chip radio with the Two Murrays (gag city), Jim Wilson and Deb ā€œring in and tell us about your favourite toys as a childā€ Knight.

1 Like

Indeed, Peta Credlin is a good broadcaster on both TV and radio.

You might not like her content, but her skill is good and donā€™t we all want to see successful stations with skilled broadcasters?

1 Like

Last week for 2020 for Neil Breenā€™s show.

Scott Emerson of Drive will fill in at least next week.

Since beginning on 1 June, Breen has not seen his wife and children besides some weekend reunions as theyā€™re based in Sydney where he was employed and his wife continues owning her business there.

Hopefully an early start to holidays will see their breakfast show resume sooner in the new year. The best way to build audience is to be there for those beginning their commute as they return from Christmas break.

4 Likes

Not if they are right wing ratbags such as Credlin who only push their own opinions or the Murdoch view of the world. Leave her on the awful Sky News.

The ABC gives all sides a say.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never listened to her on radio as a presenter so canā€™t judge but on TV sheā€™s a woeful host. Canā€™t string her sentences together and isnā€™t coherent at all.

4 Likes

She is not a ā€œbroadcasterā€, unlike some broadcasters sheā€™s not even a journalist. She has law degrees. Her strong ties to the Liberal Party has earned her the jobs sheā€™s got in conservative media. Just another conservative hack!