Nine Radio (Talk)

Kate is joining the Victorian Department of Transport.

“Scorcher” will be the new breakfast EP while “Rex” will be the new food reviewer.

2 Likes

There was a feature article on Ben Fordham inside Good Weekend magazine in SMH and The Age last Saturday.

2 Likes

Not sure where you read about Rex. The article says:

Taking over Stevenson’s duties as the Friday food reviewer will be Mikkayla Mossop who is a producer on the show

1 Like

Yep that’s exactly what was said in the post above which is correct.

But he referenced a Rex? Unless I am missing something here?

1 Like

It’s referring to the late Rugby League identity Rex Mossop. To be fair a reference lost on much of 3AW’s audience.

3 Likes

Regarding 4BC, does anyone else think the station is likely to return to full time local programming within a year.

With the introduction of Neil Breen and Scott Emerson, the local programs have resonated well with within the local community.

Could Ray and Deb be removed for local presenters?

They already have Bill McDonald doing 2-3pm which can easily be extended to run from 12-3pm.

A strong female from 9am - 12pm would round out the station well. Kay McGrath perhaps or a Nine journalist?

Local weekdays would be a great start.

2 Likes

I reckon Nine Radio are likely to keep Ray Hadley on 4BC for as long as he’s still on 2GB and the however many regional stations which carry his show, but may eventually replace Deborah Knight with a local presenter on afternoons.

5 Likes

Yeah, I doubt that Nine will remove Hadley from 4BC. But most of the rest of the day should be local, I think.

4 Likes

I would agree also, Ray Hadley plans to spend even more time in Queensland next year broadcasting from his special Gold Coast Studio. Would be a good idea to go local in the afternoons but probably not evenings, overnight and weekends, one step at a time.

6 Likes

When Ray retires or lessens his hours at the conclusion of his current contract, Neil Breen will host mornings in Brisbane.

It has always been the long term plan.

Hopefully he can find a level of success similar to Neil Mitchell.

Who would do mornings in Sydney then? Who is Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaay’s successor?

Hopefully not Mark Levy but I am sure he would like to. Hard to imagine Hadley lessening his hours and his contract certainly has a while to go.

i’m thinking Ray’s grooming Mark as his successor, but I’m also thinking Nine would want someone they can syndicate, but a big name in there.

3AW entertainment reporter Donna Demaio has been made redundant after nearly 30 years, following changes to the structure of news department. Another big loss.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/page-13/whos-next-in-nine-axing-after-publicity-queen-shown-the-door/news-story/7b0a69cf9b725f61c7e87e225b853b90

4 Likes

“white-shoe execs”. Hugh Marks wears white shoes in the office? I find that hard to believe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIW5zSsDf11/

Donna was the fabric in 3AW, such a loss. In the last month 2 big losses with Kate Stevenson leaving.

5 Likes

That’s shocking, she was very much 3aw

2 Likes

The Australian is reporting both Peta Credlin and Joe Hildebrand will have stints filling in for Deb Knight on 2GB/4BC Afternoons over Summer. Chris Smith will be heard on the Breakfast show filling in for Fordham.

At 3AW, Stephen Quartermaine will be doing Breakfast. Nothing mentioned about a co-host. The show will suffer without Kate Stephenson over Summer. Tony Jones in for Neill Mitchell.

From December 8 to January 15, a combination of Stephen Quartermain, Tony Leonard and Emily Power and will be hosting 3AW Breakfast.

2 Likes