Nine Radio (Talk)

Speaking of Tom, he just signed a three-year contract extension with 3AW according to today’s Sunday Herald Sun. The new contract will take him to the end of 2022.

Ben Fordham returns to 2GB today, three days after the funeral of his father John Fordham which was well attended by celebrities, sportspeople and past and current politicians.

Hopefully by his own choice. He’d taken the rest of the year off to spend time with his Dad who died the weekend he began leave.

3 Likes

It was by Ben’s own choice. He said “I think he would have wanted me to go back to work”, adding his Dad worked up until 15 hours (per day?) before he died.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/ben-fordham-returns-to-radio-days-after-dad-johns-funeral/news-story/51a70690fbcc714e782d85a648989d93

1 Like
4 Likes

What else could/should be reversed?

2UE? 4BH? Magic? Localism on 4BC? George Moore? Nightline? 6PR staff?

There’s a clear difference to cost cutting vs. upsetting staff.

2 Likes

Hard to keep up with developments! Interesting that the email to staff refers to 1278 not MSR

4 Likes

Staff sound happy:

3 Likes

Russell Tate needs to now permanently stay away from radio and concentrate on his role on the board of KFC Qld and Taco Bell owner Collins Foods.

1 Like

Clearly there was some form of ultimatum. Beers goes, and others would’ve followed.

Nine cannot afford another MSR basket case in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Automate the right music format, plug a format gap suitable to AM and DAB+ and Nine could have a second station ahead of SEN for total share.

5 Likes

Speculation that a local breakfast show for 4BC is currently in the planning stages.

4 Likes

Alan will be devastated.

With Beers remaining at AW, you can expect to see a lot of staff remain/re-sign with the station (incl. Breakfast).

3 Likes

@CartBoy, you can be more confident than that.

2 Likes

Return of Alan Pearsall to 3AW weekend overnights?

Beers very popular with 3AW staff. I imagine his return almost guarantees Burns and Walter will quickly be signed up for next year now

2 Likes

…. maybe not Walter so much. I still feel Price will replace him.

But AW would be mad to lose their breakfast talent.

2 Likes

I know…but what is said may not always eventuate!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Masterstroke from the new boss. Gets a lot of staff onside early.

3 Likes