Nine Radio (Talk)

Alan Pearsall is the next presenter axed by Macquarie, with his slot to be replaced by Luke Grant from 2GB.

1 Like

No surprise there. However, Pearsall’s style didn’t impress many within this forum or other media discussion.

It is a bit of a shame but have to agree, not many listeners want to hear callers sending cheerios to each other, prayers and indeed that dreadful woman from Nhil (if indeed she still rings in). Luke Grant will certainly not put up with that.

1 Like

Hearing that Deborah Knight is being considered as a replacement for George Moore and a bombshell that the Continuous Call Team could move to MSR next year.

Pearsall was dreadful, so not that upset I hope they keep local overnights on weeknights though. Deb would be great on weekends and the main fill in for Steve and Ben on weekdays.

1 Like

As I have said before, Luke Grant just says whatever he thinks Jones and Hadley would say about a particular topic. His opinions sound fake.

1 Like

I’ve not listened to Alan Pearsall on the radio for many years but I am sorry to read that he is being let go. Apart from 29 years at 3AW, he was also at 3AK beforehand during the Beautiful Music days and in the late 1980s when it tried to revive that format after unsuccessfully dumping it. Has certainly survived a lot of the ups and downs of Melbourne radio. Lovely guy too, I met him many years ago when he was still at 3AK.

2 Likes

I don’t think Ray Hadley would allow that.

Do you think Hadley has the pull he once did with management?

2 Likes

Was Hadley on the Continuous Call this year outside of State of Origin and the Grand Final?

I thought it was his Company and he contracts to 2GB but I could be wrong.

Yeah he did Saturdays 1-4pm although he had quite a few Saturdays off for various reasons.

1 Like

Karl Stefanovic filling in for Ben Fordham.

1 Like

Huge Marks has told Macquarie Radio staff that there will be more changes and that Nine is yet to decide whether the radio stations will move. A potentially positive comment was:

More:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/nine-ceo-hugh-marks-flags-more-changes-at-macquarie-media/news-story/76e5e68b91e4bacd564c8b03d1dacd23

So, could there be a slight rollback of the networking? 4BC Brisbane can’t have a distinctive voice if near everything on the station comes from Sydney.

1 Like

I hope you are right!

and so continues 3AW turning into half Sydney/half Melbourne a la the CBC experiment with 2UE and 3AK. And guess who owned 3AK at that time? None other than Nine.

1 Like

Listed on the Macquarie Syndication website:

Program Changes , including Presenter Leave and replacement announcer(s):
Neil Mitchell Show

• 30.12.2019 to 03.01.2020, replacement Red Symons
9 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.3aw.com.au/what-3aws-former-south-melbourne-studios-will-look-like-soon/

3AW/Nine should get the Block to redo 3aw’s old South Melbourne Studios

3 Likes

Seven’s Nick McCallum is still scheduled to fill-in for Tom Elliott on 3AW, 16 December -10 January.

2 Likes