Nine Radio (Talk)

dear god that’s hideous

12 Likes

because nothing says 2023 like a logo that looks like it was written in the 1940s

15 Likes

TBH It looks alright for me. I am glad 2GB doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb anymore compared to the rest of Nine Radio.

2 Likes

which probably implies that they should have changed 2GB to match the others, not vice versa

11 Likes

Inverted logo.

3 Likes

um, Nine Talk, I made something in the same style that looks infinitely better - call me. it’s not too late to change! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

So we essentially have 2GB, 3GB, 4GB and 6GB.

I suppose there is not as much heritage in the other logos.

Im pretty sure we’d have a MediaSpy member who did an exact mock of all these logos years ago when Nine took over.

3 Likes

I wonder how much Nine paid for those :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Godawful design, looks like a bad mock and makes the Southern Cross Broadcasting era logos look fresh by comparison.

11 Likes

The “new” logos look atrocious. Michael Power’s mock designs are 200% better!

4 Likes

So out of the 3AW and 2GB designs they get to choose from, they choose the older, outdated, more hideous and garish 2GB version?

3 Likes

I might be in the minority here in saying I didn’t really mind the 2GB design (but for 2GB only) but why go with the blue? Not even the same shade of blue 3AW/4BC/6PR have been using

4 Likes

Wow that’s disgusting.

I am no designer so I am not going to dare a mock-up but given they use the Nine News theme on their radio bulletins and use Nine’s WWOS branding for the sports program, why not brand the stations with a hint of Nine as well? Put the 9 dots next to the station name, just for instance.

2 Likes

Off to a good start. “Sunday Morning” airing Monday to Thursday. Lol.

SUNDAY MORNING

10 Likes

Why did they copy the 2GB logo. That’s terrible!

I do find it funny they have updated the app logo but not the actual branding within the app though. Even the previous 3aw 1278 logo was more modern than this. What a horrible misstep.

1 Like

reactions from the 6PR fb page:

3 Likes

Poor Salty. There’s nothing that could improve his head! Short of making his photo less of a focus.

I bet they think these look timeless when in actuality they look dated.

4 Likes

I think we all agree their best choice would’ve been either of the following:

• Keep all logos as they were previously.
  • Or to update ALL logos with a completely modern new look (and not take inspiration from either the ex-Fairfax or ex-Macquarie logos).

Could this be the first time a major metro network has chosen to completely remove their frequencies from their logos? I would’ve replaced the “CITY” with the frequency.

Let’s face it, there is so much more you can do with a talk radio network (watch the Random Mocks page go nuts!)

… At least for 4BC, their logo now no longer says “News Talk” making it much more suited to their talk/classic hits format …

1 Like