Nine Radio (Music)

The number one in Brisbane will likely be from all the ex 4KQ listeners who want to continue the tradition of Bohemian Rhapsody being number 1 on an Easter Countdown - not sure about Melbourne’s reasoning.

Also, the news thing that happened on 4BH Friday happened again at 7pm tonight just before the top 3 songs. 4BH doesn’t have 7pm news, so it was odd to hear the news sweeper, then it went to silence for a bit on DAB+/streaming (backup tape on AM) and then after a minute or two the countdown resumed. They’ve had a bit of trouble with that over this weekend.

1 Like

I wonder when ACE will have a top 500 easy
music countdown on 3mp/2ue

2 Likes

They’ve done an Easy 500 before on MP over a long weekend previously.

There really should be a 1,000 song Easter countdown. 2WS used to do one in the early 1980s.

KQ’s was always 1,000 at Easter

3 Likes

Just heard on 4BH the announcer back announcing a song as “Magic 1278”. Not good to let slip…

6 Likes

Well this week Scott Menz is doing breakfast for 4BH, as well as Magic, and Jon Vertigan is doing mornings for both at the same time.

3 Likes

I have to admit I like Scott Menz more than BBQ Bob to be honest. Bob is just a bit too loud and upbeat for me at that time of the morning. I also wish they’d re-think the music they play at breakfast on 4BH - it’s just too clangy and hard sometimes. Angels and ACDC in the breakfast show - no thanks.

2 Likes

2UE broadening out its music - playing Everytime You Cry (Farnham and Human Nature) plus Tina Turner’s The Best in the past 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Probably just modernising its music somewhat to stay relevant to its demos.

A bit like how Star 104.5 has dropped all of the 80s music.

2 Likes