Nine Radio (Music)

I agree. I don’t think most listeners would realise 4BH isn’t live and local most of the time. The only show that even sounds “packaged” is Gavin Miller and even then I think it sounds ok. It does sound a little different.

3 Likes

One difference between Gavin Miller and the old 4KQ is that his music history and trivia are more generic Australian and not specifically about the music charts of Brisbane. You could always count on 4KQ to highlight differences between songs and acts that charted differently in Brisbane to elsewhere.

6 Likes

I miss that too

1 Like

No he hasn’t. He was on this morning talking sport with Pav at 5am.

Has Gavin ‘‘moved’’ to Brisbane as he seems to have left Magic, where he was doing 9am-1pm, other than to present the lunchbox for an hour and the Classic Countdown Sunday mornings?

Gavin Miller still does Sunday Mornings on both Magic 1278 and 4bh. He hosts Sunday Morning 60’s on 4bh while doing mornings on Magic 1278

1 Like

The content is the same until the end when he says magic1278/ 4BH and what songs are coming up after the news.

1 Like

Yea, you’re right. There seems to be 2 spots of local station name callout that I’ve noticed listening back more carefully, before the ~12:40pm ads and like you said, before the ~12:55pm ads leading into the 1pm news.

2 Likes

Well there goes Magic… my dislike for Whitney Houston is intense! :laughing: Her songs are not my “classic”. Hello MMM Classic again.

1 Like

I will always lo-oovv-ee yoouuuu!!!

I love her pop songs like ‘How Will I Know’ and ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’ but yes, her ballads such as that one … yessss… it is an instant station changer.

2 Likes

They say “don’t speak ill of the dead” and I don’t, I should have said “I dislike Whitney Houston songs intensely”, including the pop ones you mention. Pleased I changed stations though, MMM Classic is playing Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, so thanks Magic.

2 Likes

I knew what you meant… she does have an amazing voice though, but as Eric Clapton would say ‘it’s in the way that you use it’.

4 Likes

2UE no longer running news on Sunday night from 6pm to 11pm, matching what they do on Saturday. Last bulletin at 5pm, resuming at midnight.

Weekdays remain a 24 hour news operation.

2 Likes

4BH had a few occasions of dead-air this afternoon at 5pm and 6pm. Seems the news either didn’t play, or there was no news (sourced from 4BC who was on NRL at the time).

The regular news theme played, went to 30 seconds of dead-air before back-up tape fired both times. Sweet - Fox on the Run was the leading song each time. Only heard the backup on AM though, as DAB+ was silence. Everything resumed a few minutes later with traffic and weather as normal.

Meantime, they are in the midst of their Easter 500 countdown this weekend. They’ve published the list 500-11 here. Top 10 to be revealed Monday from 6pm according to this afternoons presenter.

1 Like

They usually take a different well at least 2UE here and I assume 4BH is the same they still take the news as per normal even if 2GB is taking abroadcat of the NRL. Maybe it was a timing thing as the news is normally taken precisely on the hour.

1 Like

Yea, I noticed this today too. Heard them play Fox on the Run at 5pm on AM and the silence at 6pm on streaming. Was a little amused. I had assumed that because it had happened at 5pm that someone would have been onto it so it didn’t happen again, but then it did at 6pm. Ah well, Easter Holidays I guess haha.

1 Like

Magic 1278 also have their Easter 500. The list is slightly different compared to 4BH.
magic1278_500_to_11.pdf (768.9 KB)

3 Likes

The full countdown lists for both 4bh and Magic 1278 is out

The Number One song for both is the same song
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

2 Likes

Of course it was

1 Like

Number 2 on the Brisbane list - Sweet Caroline - was about 750th on the 4KQ chart that reflected chart position rather than public voting.

1 Like