Nine Radio (Music)

Does anyone know if it’ll be his original 9am-noon weekday slot? Or will it simply be a weekly Sunday night program?

I don’t think there is any chance Bob would be back for 5 weekdays. But i reckon a weekend feature slot could work well. Ex 2CH listeners could be interested and would be a further broadening of 2UEs appeal. Its the extra 1% gains here and there that will help keep the station rising.

2 Likes

Nice big (electronic) billboard on the Gateway Motorway near the bridge with an ad for 4BH. That will certainly get plenty of views with the passing traffic. I wonder if there’s also something similar on the Pacific Motorway? Good to see some actual promotion of a radio station and hopefully it will yield some good results for 4BH. They highlight 1116 and DAB on the billboard.

8 Likes

And looks like a TVC too.

Well done ACE and clever use of their orange/yellow colour featuring 1116AM in the TVC. Reminiscent of the previous 4KQ colour.

5 Likes

Perhaps Ace should do similar billboards and TV commercials for 3MP and Magic 1278 to try and promote the stations and boost their ratings!

2 Likes

4BH has got this nailed. The music is fantastic.

6 Likes

They should indeed. But Brisbane is where the opportunity is at the moment with the departure of 4KQ and 10% of the audience looking for a new home… Oh sorry SEN fanboys, 9.9999% looking for a new home.

8 Likes

I’d love to see Magic get some exposure.

3 Likes

It would be good to have Magic on DAB in Sydney and Brisbane.

2 Likes

Given that the Nine music stations (and in particular 4BH) have just reduced their bit rate, I’m guessing that the ACE - Nine agreement allows ACE a DAB simulcast with a bit rate determined by Nine, so Magic in Sydney and Brisbane would be unlikely.

1 Like

Magic in Sydney would do better Than NTS

1 Like

I’ve said it before - I believe the Magic format would do better in Sydney than Easy Music.

ACE seem to be stuck on trying to pick up where 2CH left off. The unfortunate thing is, many of those former 1170AM listeners left when SEN launched - heading for other stations that they’re now used to.

3 Likes

It depends if the agreement allows ACE to lease another 48kbps for a second DAB+ channel, considering that 2GB and 4BC are using 96kbs, this could easily be split in half at some point. That would mean 4 channels each on 48kbs at EEP-2.

A nice surprise this morning at 5.12. 4BH pulled out Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) from 1997.

Played into the Righteous Brothers Rock and Roll Heaven without sweeping and it sounded just fine.

4 Likes

Is the 4BC music mix, a safe mix (at breakfast)? I guess 4BC is now a Nine Music Station so not off topic :grinning:.

4 Likes

Ha ha! Unfortunately, that is the problem 4BC faces. The most important daypart on the station is completely different from the rest of the station.

3 Likes

Yes it’s very safe. Just the most common classic hits… 4KQ was very safe at breakfast too so LG&M listeners won’t notice any difference.

2 Likes

The digital billboard had a typo for a couple of days “1160” not “1116”.

3 Likes

So the colours of the logo are the same colours and logo design for EASY MUSIC 2UE and EASY MUSIC 3MP. Pretty much like the production voice over and styling of 4BH still. Designed for an easy listening station more so than a classic hits format. Nothing clever in use of orange/yellow reminiscent of the previous 4KQ colour.

1 Like

I’ve said it before. Magic1278 has to have one Australia’s best classic hits playlists.

3 Likes