Nine Radio (Music)

Or The Sound, The Rock & Hauraki in NZ for that matter. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t live in a regional area so can’t speak about that. However, I don’t understand the criticism about Triple M’s ‘rock, sport & comedy’ format means you don’t know what you’ll get when you tune in - it’s not that complicated:

• Between March & September, they air AFL & NRL Thursday - Saturday nights + Saturday & Sunday afternoons;
  • Their breakfast and drive shows are comedy/sport-based; and
  • Outside their sports commitments, they air rock music (including in their shows)

The way some people talk about Triple M gives the impression that you need a mind map followed by a nap after reviewing it in order to understand it

6 Likes

Or talk back if it’s mid dawns.

1 Like

It’s not confusing I just don’t like it.

I don’t understand why this country doesn’t have a full time proper rock station with no talkback and no sport. Like Absolute Radio, Virgin Radio and a number of stations in NZ.

It’s frustrating. If you’re not into sport or unfunny comedy shows talking about sport or other mind numbing topics then you have to go to DAB or streaming.

1 Like

If Malone is serious I believe these will move to MSR next year. Should have been so from the start.

3 Likes

Exactly, I feel sure they are holding back on re-instating breakfast if Mark Levy is going to fill in for Ray Hadley during the summer break. Maybe when there is no Sport just Light Talk and perhaps a little music

1 Like

Would they even be contractually able to do that though?

It may depend on the definition of who holds the rights. If it’s a company (of which Crocmedia is and I assume 9 Macquarie will claim to be) then I’m sure the governing bodies won’t care so long as it is broadcast. If it’s a specific station then it may get technical.

2 Likes

And would 2GB and 3AW put any meaningful alternative programming on up against the footy?

1 Like

Talking Lifestyle format on weekends, it is more or less like that on weekends already.

3 Likes

Grubby & Dee Dee on 3AW, surely

4 Likes

I’d go with George & Paul followed by a Tim Webster/John Stanley/Natalie Peters & Erin Molan (if not with CCT)/Murray Wilton.

Especially having Murray Wilton on 2GB weekend afternoons against CCT on MSR would be outstanding choice in radio.

2 Likes

Well it seems Mark Taylor is doing ball-by-ball on MSR.

2 Likes

Do you know if they are at the ground or in studio?

At the ground.

1 Like

I’d love to hear some of it, but I imagine that I’d prefer the sound of a thousand crickets chirping in my ear.

3 Likes

I didn’t mind it but you could tell he’d hadn’t done it before. I noticed he was silent during a few deliveries (usually when others were talking). He needs to butt in and describe every delivery.

Might be a coincidence with Mark Taylor joining MSR but one of Taylor’s sponsors Fujitsu are now sponsoring the MSR coverage.

2 Likes

Mark Levy filling in for Ray Hadley mid December thru mid January. Perhaps he will return to MSR breakfast after that.

1 Like

The fake Twitter followers will love it!

I doubt very much 3AW give up AFL, it’s part of that station’s success, and a news/talk station in Melbourne without a footy call is a “dead man walking”.

4 Likes