Nine On-Air Presentation

Oh, so now they manage to do a maroon logo…

4 Likes

See tonight during Gold Coast News special, that itself started at 7pm

9 Likes

Latest station ident for the Gold Coast featuring the news team

6 Likes

Just saw Nine’s latest network promo… It’s terrible IMO!

“Now is a great time to join Channel 9” (or something along those lines) with in-your-face graphics & theme music.

Almost a ‘desperate reach’ to viewers of Ch 7 & Ch 10, following what has been their worst ratings year since OzTam was introduced.

Only thing I liked, was seeing Summer of Cricket (makes me excited for summer) :raised_hands: Shame it’s 5-6 months away…

Another season of The Block (now the oldest reality franchise, like Season 176?)… Oh my God.

I think I know what promo you’re talking about (the “This year’s best television is coming” promo, right?) and yes, personally I think it’s a great one. If there’s one thing that I would say Nine does absolutely brilliantly, it’s definitely their On-Air Presentation and branding and hyping up major event TV that is coming to the network. For instance, who could ever forget the fantastic efforts that Nine went to last year for their “Major Primetime Sport in July” and “New channels/branding on November 26” promotional blitzes!

Yes, a lot of Nine’s branding could be classed as “over the top” or “in your face” and indeed, I would say that Nine are very guilty of overusing lines such as “The Biggest Television Event of the Year!” or “Meltdown of the Century!” in certain general program promos but IMO, most of their major promo launches are some of the best on Australian Television and clearly stand out from all the other networks.

2 Likes

And their male voice-over (not the recent one who moved from Ch 10 or the ACA one), but the one who does all the big shows/sports promos…

He’s so over-the-top & annoying. It’s like it’s the end of the world :neutral_face:

“LOVE CHILDDDDDDDDDD… MONDAY ON NINEEEEEEE”

3 Likes

I have a feeling you should have changed your username to LukeNineHater when rejoining this new forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Or LukeTenFanboy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Is that the old Seven voiceover?

The guy in this video (first promo):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwtiYMXM4_8 :neutral_face:

I don’t hate any network.

I criticise & praise different aspects of all networks.

Foolish statement.

However it may appear to everyone.

As I have previously said, there are a number of shows I enjoy on Ch 9 :slight_smile:

I was discussing & criticising their latest network promo…

Have not found any evidence of praise for Nine. Your profile picture is of a ten reporter, background is ten News logo and you even say “Love TV. I’ve always had a soft spot for Channel Ten.”

The Nine (Southern Cross) thread is littered with your feelings that SCA will fail as they no longer have Top rating programming such as “Brock”.

I don’t think it was a foolish statement…more of a casual observation. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But certainly don’t state that my casual observation is a foolish statement when I can simply see there is a lot of hate for Nine in your posts.

11 Likes

Lukemovieman. Fair and balanced.

2 Likes

lol :laughing:

1 Like

Is this something new? I.e. Even the metro stations haven’t been doing it? Personally only seen TEN airing these.

Nine has been doing this sort of thing for ages i.e. disguising movie promos as station IDs to skirt around non-program content limits.I don’t think Nine have done it as much as Ten has though.

1 Like

I’d like to think you’re not being sarcastic.

1 Like

I’ve seen it air on Nine Sydney, so it’s a network thing…

1 Like

I would factor into any assessment of a promo, how well it worked. Good production values don’t necessarily make for a good promo or a good campaign. I think there is plenty of evidence in this year’s ratings that Nine’s promotions are not working with so many new shows that have received this Nine hype and branding having failed recently. Some of the blame should go towards the promotion of the programs.

4 Likes