Nine On-Air Presentation

Really? I thought it was rather cheap, and felt they didn’t learn from the criticism aimed at the COVID-themed idents earlier in the year.

Personalities aren’t even in lockdown anymore, if you can’t at least send a camera out to do proper shoots, then don’t bother. Mobile phone / handheld amateur shooting has no place in a professional promo like that.

2 Likes

I actually at the time that came out, bought it and had it as part of my holiday playlist at the time! It’s a good tune :slight_smile:

I think it was used earlier than 2010 though.

1 Like

IMO, the last time Nine had a good bunch of Christmas Idents was in 2014.

This year’s efforts aren’t really anything exciting although if it counts for anything at all, I would say they’re better than all of the following:

*The immemorable Christmas Ident/s used last year and in 2018.
*The absolutely disastrous “Elf Yourself” and “Dancing Bauble Man” IDs used in 2015 and 2016/17 respectively.
*Seven’s Christmas Idents, which are almost identical in concept to one last seen on Nine in 2005.

While Nine did air Christmas Idents with network personalities in 2008 (predating the Everybody’s Home for Christmas song) and 2009, these used different soundtracks.

1 Like

My favourite was 2013 with Harrison Graig and “Jingle Bell Rock” - well shot, great energy, looked good… reminded me of the “Still the one” branding in the past.

2 Likes

It’s to give the feeling that they are sending a message to you, that it’s not just a promo.

I would love to see network’s, especially Nine have some Christmas things on their logo, such as a Santa hat on 9 logo.

2 Likes

Didn’t actually mind this one. It’s pretty creative compared to other idents that have been dished up in the other networks.

Might be hard to implement as a watermark due to Nine’s decision of having a HD watermark. I think it’s time to have the normal Nine logo personally.

3 Likes

What was the Christmas ID Nine used in 2012?

1 Like

Red, featuring network personalities, animation was more or less identical to those used in generic Nine Idents that year.

Nope it was completely different, it was this:

3 Likes

Nine has rolled out some market-specific Christmas ID’s now.

11 Likes

That was one of the 2011 Christmas Idents.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find clips of the 2012 IDs online so until/unless clips resurface you’ll just have to take my word for it, but the ones Nine ran during the festive season that year were definitely red (and also tweaked shortly after they began airing IIRC) with similar graphics to the other Idents featuring Nine personalities which ran during that era. Also used a jazzy version of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” as the backing music.

1 Like

Here’s one of them.
ZampakidCap-2020-12-16-14h10m56s062ZampakidCap-2020-12-16-14h11m00s018
ZampakidCap-2020-12-16-14h11m15s916ZampakidCap-2020-12-16-14h11m21s956
ZampakidCap-2020-12-16-14h11m27s728ZampakidCap-2020-12-16-14h11m32s857

…here’s two more, unfortunately I didn’t save these clips (only screenshotted them) but the thumbnails give you the general idea on what they were.

7 Likes

Ah there you go!
Good to see it wasn’t an overload of red though.

that was clever! better than this years

I know this is off topic but I same across this ad from over a decade ago…

“See it first on 9 News”

2 Likes

Today Show is using the new closer graphic now:

10 Likes

I love it a lot! Millionaire is still using the old because it’s repeats. Are we expecting a refresh in 2021 to graphics?

2 Likes

We can bloody hope so

1 Like

Didn’t work so well this morning.

Also no change to Today Extra

5 Likes