Nine On-Air Presentation

i agree wa tv videos i like tv prgs

1 Like

The current 9 logo still looks terrible when made flat - if they want to use a flat logo they should revert to the 2001 era logo, with the internal parts rounded rather than squared off. Makes a huge difference imo in how it looks.

7 Likes

Doesn’t that look more dated though?

1 Like

I think @Moe is referring to this one, not the ‘chungus’ one of the 70s/80s/90s.

channel_nine

logo_nine_adelaide channel92 Wide World Of Sports Wide World Of Sports 2

10 Likes

I like the SCA one the best, followed by the orange WWOS one, then the PS one.

1 Like

They should’ve kept that one around longer.

1 Like

The package itself doesn’t look that bad. It’s just the glossy logo that looks the most dated when 9Now and other properties are using the flat logo/more modern looking logos.

The multichannel logos look better by comparison.

3 Likes

Yep - it’s a subtle difference, but I think the logo looks so much nicer for it, especially the weighting with the dots and the 9, compared to the jumbo dots in the screenshot TV Cynic posted above.

1 Like

I too have never liked the massive dots and skinny 9 of this version. It was created in 2008 to coincide with the return of dotty I believe.

Nine Flat 1

It was toned down a little in the years to follow, but it still looks a bit off.

Nine Flat 2

5 Likes

It comes across as fun and is stylish, which I’ve always liked. It’s had a lot more effort.

Seven’s and less so 10’s have always seemed too standard and safe, bland and almost robotic and just completely automatic.

I think Nine has fallen a bit behind though. Back in 2015 I think the current look was easily the best, but Seven and 10 to their credit have played a bit of catch-up. 10 is definitely clean and modern, Seven and Nine are about on par.

Time for a refresh. Surprised they haven’t unveiled one with the move to North Sydney, however surely sometime early in 2021. Nine are usually pretty good at not letting any hint of a new look sneak through until they pull the trigger.

5 Likes

They’re usually pretty good with doing a network-wide relaunch as well, unlike Seven and their staggered approach to just about everything

4 Likes

Maybe in the new year, at the start of the tennis? Or dare I say it after the tennis? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Christmas Ident featuring the Today Show team:

15 Likes

Another ID

5 Likes

Movie tie in

6 Likes

Looks like Nine introduced a new production closer with tonight’s Christmas with Delta special.
Old:
PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN
NINE NETWORK PRODUCTION
Copyright (year)

(taken from a recent episode of Hot Seat)

New:
A NINE PRODUCTION
Copyright (year)

8 Likes

11 Likes

A very warm and touching ident. They’re best (and first, for that matter - other than the COVID-themed one earlier this year) in years.

5 Likes

Interesting promo because Channel Nine have used this Music before for their Christmas promo back in 2010.

And recently i found the full version of the song.

4 Likes