Nine On-Air Presentation

Amazing how similar part of that seem to the 3D look used by Ten for a couple of years now. Parts are very similar especially to the gold/bronze Masterchef promos for 2014 and 2015.

Maybe some ex-Ten graphics people have jumped over to Nine?

Not “jumped over” as much as “been copied by”.

Possible, but I don’t think so. The Ten Masterchef promos, though they incorporated glossy 3D graphics were elegant and classy; neither of which can be said for Nine’s. :grinning:

This is one in the Masterchef promo series from 2014.

1 Like

Being a WIN viewer and watching 9now its a major step up with promos and graphics compared to WIN. WIN seems to not care anymore they are still using the old prg but I guess having a 6 month contract might have something to do with that.

I think win didn’t want to waste time doing new Prg if their going to merge with 9 makes sense

The people in charge of modifying VizRT graphics at MediaHub are probably on holidays. WIN’s production team still found the need to make new lineups and promo elements.

1 Like

and the PG ident is on opposite side on win to that of 9 and what’s on tonight 9 shows 3 programs and win only 2 lol

That’s not always the case. WIN’s lineups can change throughout the night and usually show less programs as it gets later or if the third program for the night starts late.

mate NBN is owned 100 per cent by Nine and they still use the old PRG, old signposts and still run the Welcome Home idents… so WIN is doing great by getting the signposts etc updated.

This package I think would be considered as an update. Quite like the 2004-2006 pakage as it was similar to the previous, but not the same.

I like this update.

2004 was somewhat of a downgrade on what they had in 2002 (Arial font and garish 3D… Really?). Idents were nice though.

Maybe nine are awaiting to mid year and everywhere will be nine?

I think that NBN would technically be classed as an independently operated station (hence the different format of NBN News, infomercials at 11.30am instead of Nine’s Morning News, etc.) despite being owned by Nine.

I don’t care about “independently operated” they are owned 100% by Nine. That’s a fact. And if Nine can’t even get them their graphics packages etc then that’s a really poor effort.

2 Likes

NBN be be using the identical network look. It’s not hard. They are still kinda treated/operate as an affiliate it seems. But if Nine and NBN worked together everything could be in perfect sync. It would just take planning and working together that’s all.

Someone at Nine would have to make the decision that NBN should take the 9, 9 News and promo branding and reach out to NBN. Or someone at NBN would have to make the call and reach out to Nine. Either way - clearly both sides just don’t care that much it would seem

And I’m certain that if Nine get their way and acquire the WIN business and/or Television licenses by middle of the year, we will see the full integration of NBN into Nine Network and it won’t be stand alone anymore.

Unless Nine acquire SCA (which seems dead in the water currently) then you may end up seeing NBN sold to WIN where it won’t be an independent business any longer. Either that or Nine sell off the NRTV license to WIN and absorb the SCA staff into other parts of the business such as radio and/or NBN.

Heard some new music playing on the sponsor billboards tonight. Seems to be a remixed version of the previous theme.

3 Likes

Don’t watch much on 9 so today is the first time I’ve really taken notice of their graphics on promos. Have to say they’re hideous. All those squares jumping up from the bottom right corner look awful. And then cut outs of people, yuck. The ones that pop up during shows are equally as terrible and intrusive.

I quite like that newer remix of the Sponsor Billboard music! :smile:

3 Likes