Nine On-Air Presentation

But they’re not airing what’s on the EPG anyway.

Edit: Just realised that they are showing stuff from an hour ago.

Then it’s a backup tape of some contingency program being played out from another server while they get the main playout back. It’s probably automatically triggered whenever Nine’s feed crashes.

At least in the UK, if one of the BBC’s channels falls over, they have a loop of the BBC logo running 24/7 just in case. Any channel which does die automatically switches to that. I presume Nine have a similar system.

2 Likes

Nine is Brisbane is flashing between three programs at the moment.

Started off with House

Then Mysteries of Laura

Then this

Then Laura

Then back to House

4 Likes

It appears that Nine Sydney has gone back 2 hours or so cause when 9HD was dead 9SD wasn’t showing House but when 9HD returned it went to House.

Al McGlashan’s Fish’n With Mates is meant to be airing right now.

Here in Sydney, all the services are running some form of programing (including current watermarks) aside from the two between Nine HD:
%234

1 Like

9 Brisbane seems back to normal.

Poor regional viewers are back to Nine presents

Perth also appears to be back to normal, Forrest Gump playing normally again, 9Life is back, and so is 9GO! which now has the correct watermark, and 9Gem has also returned to the current watermark.

Interesting error. Someone at Nine needs to update their backup server, that’s for sure!

6 Likes

Truly bizarre to have the 90 HD service disappear and be replaced by a 8Mbps GEM in HD service with old watermark and 9Go revert to its old watermark.

Probably intentionally kept outdated so it’s easily identifiable.

2 Likes

A black flash when going to break and then the 9Gem watermark left on during the break.

2 Likes

I’m surprised their backup systems also affect the transmission side of things too. Just goes to show how badly they should update it.

2 Likes

After airing a Married At First Sight sneak peek and a promo for 9Gem, Nine Sydney now have now gone to Global Shop. Nine is now 10-15 minutes behind schedule.

Capture1

1 Like

I like the old watermarks and the breakdown screens actually.

But otherwise :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Love this time capsule.

1 Like
9 Likes

The updated IDs with program logos:

6 Likes

Some of those were shoved in a little awkwardly. Think I prefer the original cut.

5 Likes

just one thing, why is that still the old gem logo??

Because it appears they had been using a backup system since it was displaying pre 2015 Watermarks when the Network went down/Recovery Mode, as pointed out by @pelican.

1 Like