Nine On-Air Presentation

And transmission configs AFAIK, GEM went to MPEG-2 HD.

Would love to see that happen again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here’s some missing 2001 promos includes all the one Of Nine’s 2001 Branding

3 Likes

I don’t think this was ever posted here, but this is the original animation work for the current on air look.

Quite a few elements here which I’ve never seen on air. Quite a shame really because it looks so sleek!

25 Likes

… Can a YouTube video be my Valentine?

5 Likes

And if you want do some of it at home:

10 Likes

Absolutely boggling why a lot of this didn’t make it to air.

7 Likes

Not sure which thread is best to post this in, but noticed this email from 9Now today.

“Rugby League kicks of tonight”

4 Likes

One feature missing from that demo: spell check

1 Like

I cringed, then I angery typed.

Spell check wouldn’t have (note have, not of) picked it up, it was a mistake which is far too (not to) common these days.

9Honey Ident:

5 Likes

The Voice sponsor board and another random cap at the end.

2 Likes

11 Likes

The voice pop up on screen during Rabbitohs vs Broncos match

3 Likes

6 Likes

Does Nine still do lineups anymore?

I haven’t seen one for ages. Which is a shame, they were always really nicely done

4 Likes

Deadpool 2 Movie Tie-In Ident:

3 Likes

Ten has one too. How is it possible that two networks have tie-ins with the same movie???

I don’t see why two networks can’t have tie-ins with the same film.

These shitty ad/ident things are effectively just skirting around the law so they don’t count towards the advertising limits, so it’s kind of like complaining about the same TV ad running on multiple networks.

6 Likes

It’d be nice if the Commercial TV Code of Practice stated that any Station Identifications “must only identify the channel and not be used to directly promote a single program or advertise any product/service” but unfortunately, I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

4 Likes