Nine On-Air Presentation

Thanks, very slick promo. Obviously trying to take a leaf out of Fox League’s book.

Amount of time spent on Delta feels a bit weird. I assume she is only there because she does the jingle?

1 Like

It’s the same with her appearing all over the promos for House Husbands but it’s been four weeks and she hasn’t even made an appearance yet.

2 Likes

Is that the old Nine logo i see in the last cap?

I think they should go back to using the yellow gold Nine logo for everything. Keep it standard like Seven’s logo is always red and Ten’s logo is always blue.

1 Like

Yellow gold logo? But it’s not the 70’s and 80’s anymore. Nine should just keep the blue logo as a standard colour. They use it for their news so should keep it for everything.

4 Likes

Exactly. Nine have used blue as their main logo colour (even though they rotate between six colours for the general channel On-Air Presentation) for years now so I can’t see them changing anytime soon.

3 Likes

As far as on-air presentation goes, however, it’s hard to say what colour Nine’s logo is. The colour used for news isn’t the same blue as seen in the blue version of the logos seen in promos and watermarks so it can’t be that. In Queensland Nine have used several colours in their station idents.

9 Likes

I like 9 using different colours.

8 Likes

I’m not against the blue one but if you look at those three screen caps above, the yellow stands out the most…by far. Yellow logo on a blue sky backdrop. Brilliant.

Whichever they choose, they just need to stick to one so they don’t have so much of an identity crisis. If anything screams 70s and 80s, it’s the font used in that 9 logo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Personally I think that yellow would work better as a main colour for Ten rather than Nine.

1 Like

It’s probably not that critical but I don’t like their palette choice for these coloured logos.

I liked the metallic look on the original 9HD

4 Likes

They infamously tried mixing it up with bright yellow, pink and blue logos in 2012 and when the network ratings took a nosedive they blamed it on the logo and switched back after a few months. :laughing:

The current Ten HD logo in blue is brilliant, as it is.

3 Likes

Yellow is quite a weak colour. Colours are tied quite instinctively to emotion.

Red can mean anger, passion or dynamicism. Blue means consistent, stable or even sad. Yellow means bubbly, happy.

A lot of effort goes into picking colours which are to be associated with brands, hence why TV stations don’t like to tie themselves too much to a single colour. It’s also why you rarely ever see green or yellow in news sets and graphics but you’ll always see blue (stability, trust) and red (pacey, immediate). These colours convey meaning.

Ten adopting a yellow logo would be quite… er… weird.

It’s also why I’m interested to see how the new look (and potentially yellow) ABC News fares.

5 Likes

Was just alerted to the fact that a greek television station is using the music from Nine’s 2009-2012 ident, apparently it looks shocking.

8 Likes

Oh that’s interesting! Would love to see a cap of that!

1 Like

Which channel?

1 Like

Donation info running in QLD

8 Likes

Epslion.

Found the idents

There’s more on YouTube dating back to 2013.

5 Likes

Great find. This one has loosely copied the animation too:

6 Likes