Nine On-Air Presentation

It’s OK, but it needs some more TONIGHTs

1 Like

That’s their lineup pretty much every night, so I guess it makes sense to repeat the TONIGHTs…

GTV just aired a Blue Today sponsor board at around 8:17 with no 9HD logo.

Perhaps Nine are big fans of Genesis.

Just saw a Fifty Shades Darker cinema advert with a Nine logo ident rolled into it. Seems really tacky.

5 Likes

This is Australia promo from Nine 21 years ago. Still a good promo in the mid 90s.

7 Likes

Ok so I have many questions.

Why is a presenter playing cards by herself? Is throwing a paper plane off a Sydney building really that fun? Does Catriona Rowntree regularly hold picnics on hay bales?

5 Likes

I hope you also had a smile on your face when watching some poor farmer lose his cane field to fire.

Cane fires are deliberately lit by farmers to remove trash prior to harvest.

9 Likes

Haven’t you ever played solitaire with an actual deck of cards?

3 Likes

Playing what, with what?

Tried once - the graphics are terrible.

1 Like

I did it once and then realised I have videogames and books and TV (like Channel Nine, Still the One in 1995).

Group setting? Sure. Alone? Nah.

You people have had deprived childhoods if your grandparents didn’t teach you how to play card games. What are you going to do in the underground survival shelter when the end times arrive and you can’t run an Xbox because you need to conserve power for water purification?

Stop making feel old and decrepit and get back on topic. I’m late for my Bingo session.

6 Likes

I can’t believe they just went from House Husbands straight into Botched with no closing credits or network ID or anything. Just looks so shonky and cheap. Especially when that other show is branded with an E! Network watermark at the start. Very disrespectful to their own Aussie content too.

5 Likes

Worse than Ten on Tuesday nights going from NCIS to NCIS: Los Angeles, with only a preview of next episode of NCIS in between.

1 Like

9 Likes

Looks nice, do you have a vid?

The video is on Wide World of Sports Twitter: https://twitter.com/wwos/status/836868461934571520

1 Like

Looks like they’re using the old WWOS logo in the promo.