Nine On-Air Presentation

That’s weird because it looks like they filmed the regional hosts for these promos as well…

10 Likes

Melbourne version aired in Tasmania on TDT with Peter Hitchener.

2 Likes

Nine NNSW showed the Overton/Grimshaw version at 7.30.

Poor Tash and Lobby…

5 Likes

Has Brenton Ragless Resigned from Nine News Adelaide?

And SC Queensland showed the Brisbane version.

Currently in Japan. So does each region have their local news presenter. Or is it only capitals, so would each state gethem, so Victoria would have Peter hitchener. Or is this promo only in Sydney?

But Nine Melbourne didn’t have Alicia Loxley, Nine Brisbane didn’t have Deer-in-the-head…I mean Darren Curtis, Nine Adelaide didn’t have Will McDonald in their promos, so there isn’t really any differences.

2 Likes

For SC9, they just played the promo used from their nearest metro city; hence, SNSW/ACT and VIC saw the Petes of Sydney and Melbourne, respectively, while regional QLD saw the Andrew-Melissa duo from Brisbane.

2 Likes

Ever since the Nine-ification scheme of Kylie Blutcher, NBN no longer use a separate playout system for most of the schedule. Exceptions include: NBN News (bulletins, promos and updates), lineups, local ads (of course), and probably during Millionaire Hot Seat (where any Nine News Sydney/Brisbane tickers are out of the region’s sight). The fault from Sydney is just part of the 0.1% chance that NBN fails to avoid at playout. Oh, don’t forget the small "NBN’’ watermark for the Central and Gold Coasts viewers of LCN 8.

The promo is kind of perfect. It has everything. The colour palette of an organised brand (notice the colours of all the women’s clothing, etc). Humour at the end, and making fun of itself and its well-known “voice of God-style” promos at the same time. It also seems to me to be very heavy on the “feminine” side (with people like Tracy Grimshaw and Georgie Gardner dominating) - a deliberate trying to ‘reset’ the brand and the Nine reputation? The white theme is similarly something that’s quite ‘feminine’ to me, and also deliberately sleek and modern. Same with the music - taking a leaf out of Ten’s memorable IDs over a decade ago with Coldplay (who they kept for donkey’s years because it worked so well). Plus the whole thing is beautifully and cinematically put together.

5 Likes

Interesting to note that Alison Langdon still features as a 60Mins presenter.

1 Like

The current look is only a refresh of the 2012 look. Hopefully something new coming soon, not holding my breath though. Would be great to see the ribbons retired.

So rather than come up with something fresh, just re-hash an old tagline?

Cue: Ten - Seriously :raised_hands:

2 Likes

If Nine gets a refresh next year and adopts “We Are The One” as their new slogan, I wonder if they’ll incorporate the iconic four note signature tune as part of their branding again?

Afterall, “Sti-ll The One” and “We Are The One” (also “We-l-come Home” as per the 2009 and 2012 branding packages) do have the same number of syllables! :wink:

1 Like

So is this a rehash of the 2009 look?

6 Likes

Looks like it, however this one may be slightly more 3d.
2009 and 2005 mixed together?

Anything is better than what they currently have.

3 Likes

Agreed. Welcome Home was a weak tagline.

I kinda liked 2009. 2D worked really well and the graphics were very minimalist. Was kinda sad when they replaced it with the purple and blue monstrosity of the original Welcome Home (featuring cursive font!) package.

4 Likes

Where did you get those images from?

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like