Nine On-Air Presentation

Guessing this is shown in Melbourne as it includes The Footy Show and is sans Peter Overton. Spot the differences :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s WIN :wink::wink:

Thought the same when I saw it air just now in QLD.
Though the version of this that SCA carried obviously had Melissa Downes and Andrew Lofthouse featured instead of our regional news presenters.

Saw Peter Hitchener sit next to and look at Tracy Grimshaw during the promo.

The slogan IMO is also so 2000s, dated and confusing, given they can’t say they’re “Number 1” due to ratings leadership by another network.

I do like the promo itsself though.

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

They could have used a better background track, such as remixing the old 2004 Still The One Promo music.

Couldn’t find a more flattering screen grab for the Queensland ident.

10 Likes

Wonder what Perth will get seeing as we lost Tim and Emmy.

The promo was a bit over the place, but visually good looking

5 Likes

That’s a pretty nice promo. Hope that’s a hint towards a presentation refresh too.

Did anyone else half expect Scotty to hit a blue or yellow button on the screen when he walked up? :thinking:

10 Likes

The Melbourne Idents for 2018 still has Peter Hitchener who’s about to enter his 20th Year reading the Weeknight Bulletin, No Rugby League Stories in the City’s Main Bulletin except for the Storm, State of Origin and NRL Finals involving Storm.

4 Likes

I expect there will be a regional variation of the pro

I fucking love it. Gotta admit, Seven never does promos like this and I fucking love that Nine still does this sort of thing. They don’t need to, they want to.

21 Likes

Promo just aired now on GTV.

1 Like

Wow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It justifies using “Still the One” later in the year.

Awesome look and feel in that promo. Hope there’s a refresh around the corner!

9 Likes

They used to. The One to Watch promos of the early noughties has a similar feel. Wish they still made the effort.

4 Likes

True, there was a time when all three networks used to put out fantastic promos each year. It just doesn’t happen anymore except for Nine every couple of years, which is a shame.

Ugh, I remember when presentation used to be so innocent, fun-loving and cool. CBS, I have an idea.

6 Likes

I’ll take a stab in the dark here…

Nine execs still filthy they lost the main channel ratings by 0.1% to Seven.

Couldn’t use “We are Number 1”, but didn’t want to ditch it completely :thinking:

Okay, probably not

Just saw the promo again during Carols, it is really stylish, love how everything appears amalgamated, noice work Nine :ok_hand:

1 Like

Peter Hitchener in Melbourne ident.

14 Likes

I am currently uploading this one to youtube right now as i say this. I’ll add link when it uploads. The Speed my internet is going atm i’d say it will take a while.

Very nice looking promo from Nine. Interesting to see where this leads to.

I agree, it is nice to still see Nine doing these.

4 Likes