Nine On-Air Presentation

Branded ident

4 Likes

The difference is it hasn’t been featured like this in a promo for something like MAFS.

I will be very interested to see what happens next year

It’s just a stylised promo…. It’s nothing for us all to cream about

2 Likes

I guess not but it is something a bit new. Even if they don’t do a full relaunch I wouldn’t be surprised to see the current glossy logo gradually go.

Here is the Christmas ident that has been mentioned.

2 Likes

From the Tennis coverage: :tennis:

Looks quite chonky too. :thinking:

4 Likes

I have a feeling it might be because someone may have thrown a solid overlay on the glossy logo, and then the glossy elements of the logo become solid as well. See below for example:
2022-12-12 21-46-29

7 Likes

I feel like Nine doesn’t really have an on-air graphics package like the other networks though.

Each promo for shows seems to have its own unique design… they don’t really show idents on main channel either?

What is there to relaunch? More on-air identification and consistency would be great but it’s working fine the way it is.

7 Likes

Another 2D logo spotted on one of their IG posts

Don’t be excited guys! I’m sure no change is coming

3 Likes

this thread rn i swear

16 Likes

Literally. I wonder if we will document the amount of times a gloss is added to the 7 logo on any print or advertising outside of the network… :thinking:

Honestly. I can tell you, you’re overthinking it.
I wish it was true, but it’s not happening

3 Likes

Have some inside information or just a gut feeling?

Not sure if it’s related, but as mentioned in another thread the other day, Nine’s classification warning was out of whack again tonight on 9Gem, completely missing the classification (“M”) with just the consumer advice oddly by itsself in the grey box. 8:40pm: Never Say Never Again.

9 Creative - Nine’s in house creative marketing team does have a new Creative Director…

1 Like

Noticed on 9Go! the classification warning was in-tact, however the MA logo looked very different, it was more cubed/squished and mis-aligned (compared to its usual prominence and rectangular look). Not sure if all this is play-out bugs or errors or indeed some tinkering and gradual changes. Nine has also always (since the 2015 change) opted for ‘generic’ designs of the classifications, whereas the other networks seem to take an exact replica of the ACB’s original designs.

2 Likes

I’ve always liked how Nine treats classifications. The box over the watermark for the consumer advice is well designed and doesn’t overly intrude. I also like how the PRG classification logo is tucked away next to the Nine logo.

Remember when they faded in the classification logo with a flashing colour sequence in the last pres package? So cool.

6 Likes

Christmas Idents:

4 Likes

I don’t remember this. Got a video?

1 Like

I remember it well, used to be lightning fast multi-coloured little squares. I didn’t realise it was intentional though, always thought it was a system thing that resulted from the automation of the classification/CC bug play-out. It was when they (and Ten) still used the Supertext logo too.

2 Likes