Nine On-Air Presentation

New look Nine presentation promo just aired. Using reds and blues and Australia’s Greatest TV.

2 Likes

Caps:

22 Likes

Ohhh interesting! I like! I just hope the actual logo goes flat too.

Looks like it might coincide with the move to North Sydney?

1 Like

A little odd right now but parts of that could work well I think.

Dare I suggest this, could the flat watermark on the revived “Extra” (as opposed to the textured one used on the 2012-18 incarnation of the channel) be a tiny hint of things to come?

2 Likes

Getting ABC News vibes a little bit :smile:

16 Likes

It looks like something I could make in Word. Doesn’t seem very on brand to be honest. Just looks a little - forgettable.

6 Likes

It looks shit

6 Likes

The red doesn’t to with the light blue colour they’ve picked, otherwise anything would be an improvement on what they are using currently.

I doubt that. If anything it’ll happen during the NRL grand final or State of origin

You’d think it’d be a no brainer for Nine to try and time move to North Sydney (and/or an On-Air Presentation relaunch if there’s going to be one this year) around one of those two major telecasts.

There’s no better platform to launch a new look, or pump up “the most advanced broadcast facility in the Southern Hemisphere” than during Sydney’s highest rating television events of the year.

So have they dropped “We are the One”?

To the average viewer though, who cares they are moving into a new building? Broadcast control isn’t going to be coming from there , so I don’t really get the hype of why their on air branding needs to coincide with that?

If anything the whole network isn’t going to change on one day because of the move (today/news sets , graphics etc) as well as on air presentation.

It’s one building… they aren’t running the country from it. It would only affect Sydney and I don’t think the average viewer cares.

3 Likes

While to some extent I agree, remember that we’re talking about Nine: Australian television’s home of incredibly overhyped promotion.

Considering some of the stuff they’ve heavily promoted on-air in the past (all the stuff which happened on November 26, 2015 instantly comes to mind), I genuinely wouldn’t be overly surprised to see a promotional campaign - at least in the Sydney market - for their new network HQ.

I’ve been wanting a change, but I really hope they don’t go with that. Looks like something from a corporate PowerPoint presentation. Also does not scream ‘Channel Nine’ to me.

1 Like

and even

1 Like

Something I’ve noticed is that this new package ties in well with 9Rush.

4 Likes

All the networks have appeared to move away from modern-ness, gloss and complexity to flat simple design/colouring in the past few years even Fox Footy to a good degree with their simple scoreboard.

I’m guessing its their new slogan?

Now-Next PRG 4/10/2020:

9 Likes