Nine News Local

4 Likes

Did the regional Victorian bulletins switch to “network coverage”?

Don’t think so.

Found this on Facebook.

3 Likes

That’s a really bad cut to Peter Overton. Nine should know better.

5 Likes

Probably shows you Vanessa is incompetent to do coverage like that. Don’t know if this has happened but I’m sure that if Victoria was to do it they wouldn’t cross to Peter in Melbourne because jo is a fantastic presenter too

3 Likes

WHAT THE…? I can’t believe it. That would even make the SNSW editions as bad as the previous one during the London attacks.

1 Like

If they’re going to jump the Sydney bulletin every time there’s a major event, why even bother with a local/national/international bulletin for regional NSW?

8 Likes

Agree. How ridiculous is this. If Venessa isn’t good enough to cover big stories then she should go.

My guess is it’s more that the news director of the SNSW bulletin wants those viewers to be able to access the live crosses and fancy graphics and presentation of the Sydney bulletin - but how will these new regional bulletins ever get up to scratch if they just defer to SYndey all the time.

The reporters are there - about 50 of them - cross to one of two of them. The News GFX have already been made - use them.

They are just on auto pilot of hey keep “crossing to the network news room” - all it does is highlight the stark contrast in quality.

They should be attempting to access network reporters and graphics during these big stories.

3 Likes

Vanessa is really bad - the way she rushes through that script. It’s like she has no idea. I’m sorry she is a terrible newsreader.

3 Likes

If Nine Canberra was showing the Sydney bulletin again, as happened for part of last night, some people would change back, I think. I would from other programs (not from Seven News, very rarely watch that rubbish. Better not write anything disparaging about Fergo as some people don’t like that).

1 Like

A few pics of the western Victoria bulletin:

And some sport ones…

8 Likes

IMO, the only reason Peter Hitchener does Victoria’s local news VO is because it is apart of assimilating the new local news with the metro bulletin (Hitch does the VO for the weekend news). Therefore, I daresay local news in Queensland will receive the same guy that does NSW’s local news and the national bulletins.

1 Like

???

Do we know who’s the sports and weather presenters are going to be?

Someone said that Dave McLenaghan from Win News was joining SCA, and would presumably do sport (though I hope not as I hate him). Speaking of which Paul Taylor has been MIA for weeks now, wonder what happened?

The regional 9News bulletins are staffed, reported, produced & presented by Nine not SCA (as per their affiliation agreement).

So if the regional bulletin is nearly here for QLD, could that mean the metro set is nearly ready as well?

2 Likes

Any updates on when the regional bulletins start in QLD?

No - last I heard is it’s by far the biggest operation (the bulletin needs 7 local break outs, where as SNSW and VIC needed 4 each)

Logically, following weekly launches of SNSW and VIC bulletins, the QLD bulletins will launch weekly starting Monday April 3.

Based on the list orders provided by SCA in their original press release (list order = launch order for SNSW and VIC), we can assume that the bulletins will be launched as follows:

Far North QLD (Cairns) - April 3
North QLD (Townsville) - April 10
Mackay - April 17
Central QLD (Rockhampton) - April 24
Wide Bay (Bundaberg) - May 1
Southern QLD (Toowoomba) - May 8
Sunshine Coast - May 15

2 Likes