Nine News Local

For a bulletin that is airing on Monday, I have seen no promotion on any social media.

1 Like

Nothing has been announced for a state date for 9 News QLD, Nick.

I never said it was confirmed, I just said assuming that the launches continue weekly without a break. But it looks like there might be a one or two week break at minimum.

Personally, I don’t think the launches of the Regional Queensland editions of Nine News will happen until at least after Easter.

I’d probably also expect to see the main 6pm bulletin for South East Queensland get it’s new set before the regional bulletins launch, as the case was in NSW and Victoria.

3 Likes

We know that the Brisbane set is under construction with the current news set moved to a ‘temporary’ studio.

Will the regional bulletins take a break on Good Friday and possibly Easter Monday?

No Canberra sport in tonight’s news. Instead we get Central West.

1 Like

Another throw to “network coverage” tonight due to heavy rain and floods in NNSW. The director of this bulletin clearly has no faith in Vanessa or the presentation.

5 Likes

Probably Mike Dalton*

*Of course I’m referring to the one who was in a similar role at Nine News Queensland before the launch of the regional bulletins, rather than Nine News Sydney’s fluff/puff piece correspondent.

Will Nine be broadcasting the regional QLD bulletins from Springfield, or will they be shoved into a broom cupboard in the CBD?

With luck, they’ll be coming from Springfield. It would give them space to breathe, and give USQ media students experience with a localised 6pm bulletin.

I think a broom cupboard would be a step up from the setup in Springfield (your lounge room is probably more advanced).

What would be ideal is if they used the studio currently being used for the metro bulletin. The set and everything can stay exactly where it all is.

1 Like

For some reason, if I was living in SNSW and QLD, I would watch Seven News. If I lived in Victoria, I would watch SCA Nine News, and if I was living in Canberra, ABC News it is for me.

I’m sorry, but Vanessa O’Hanlon has no charisma as a news presenter. If you ask me, she is probably the female equivalent of Mark Ferguson IMO.

3 Likes

Why won’t Nine just change the newsreader of their Southern NSW/ACT bulletins if that is a problem?

This “we’ll now cross to Sydney’s news because they have better coverage” thing for major news is pathetic IMO!

7 Likes

Can you please elaborate, I don’t know that much about the Springfield studios.

According to posts here it’s literally just an old camera pointed at a wall with a TV screen. They don’t have any facilities in Springfield and everything gets fed back to the main newsroom using a link truck parked outside.

Nine have plenty of space in their Brisbane studios - they aren’t in the CBD.

“We now cross to network headquarters to someone who has a personality”

1 Like

Nine News Rivierina copied a bit of an interview from youtube onto there bulletin but there is one thing the youtube is produced by the resouces of win news

Geez, that sounds a bit cliche.

How about something like

“Now we cross to our Sydney Bureau for the latest news”

It would be interesting to know the aggregated ratings for each of the two new 9 News bulletins now they have rolled out to all areas.

We’ve only seen ratings for the sub-markets such as Canberra (about 12,000) and Wollongong (about 17,000) and Albury (16,000) but not aggregated ratings.

Considering it is really just 2 new bulletins (9 News SNSW and 9 News VIC) with 4 local breakaways for about 10 minutes a night - you really need to add up all 4 regions to get an aggregated total.

For SNSW that is Canberra, Wollongong, Central West and Riverina. For VIC that is Western VIC, Central Vic, Border North East and Gippsland.

If the above trends hold (roughly) true across all sub-markets - you are prob looking at something like 60,000 for the SNSW bulletin and 75,000 for the VIC bulletin.

To put that in perspective - that’s about what 9 News gets in Perth or Adelaide and about what Ten News and ABC News gets in Adelaide.

So that makes these bulletins pretty viable at the outset - and i’m certain their budgets are a fraction of PER and ADL stations.