Nine News Local

What about for New Year’s Day, will they do the same?

I would think that local bulletins will be aired on New Years Day.

Viewers will want to see coverage of NYE Celebrations from their local towns, not just the ones in Sydney or overseas.

4 Likes

8 Likes

What? Another control room error before the Christmas day “Metro bulletin invasion”? :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like
8 Likes

Jono said at the end of the QLD bulletin:
“We’ll have a special networked bulletin on Monday”.

1 Like

Gosh! Does this mean, Darwin will (likely) receive the Brisbane news on Christmas Day? Why he didn’t say so direct to the point? :smiley:

(additional) He should’ve said these: “Nine Local News will be off this Christmas Day. The Brisbane News will take care of you throughout the long weekend, and we’ll be back on Tuesday.”

2 Likes

…and I guess this year there’ll most likely be no special Christmas Eve update tracking “Santa’s Journey” from Nine Darwin (famous for making it onto ABC World News Now in 2014 I believe!) which alerts the children of the top end to go to bed!

5 Likes

I guess using a vague term like “network” instead of something more specific like “Brisbane” will be less likely to invoke the ire of Darwin-ites etc.

1 Like

What a shocking way to end the night for 9 News NSW tonight…

At least we got the full 9 news theme and more in this 75 second closer!!!

5 Likes

Riverina:

5 Likes

I’m assuming this:

May have been the filming of the regional version of these (below) promos?

3 Likes

Is Vanessa on holiday from SNSW/ACT bulletins yet?

She is still working:

3 Likes

She must be really scared to take a day off as the people who would possibly fill in are 100% better.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s a computer generated simulation of her? :smile:

With the way technology is going, it probably won’t be long before this becomes a reality and will bring an end to the big fat pay cheques of some of today’s TV stars.

10 Likes

9 News Rockhampton is not much better, failed story crosses, presenters stuttering and getting confused, cameras panning to the wrong person… I tend to watch 7 Local News… 200% more polished and professional

3 Likes

Given the mostly unfavourable comments here regarding Nine News regional bulletins, you’d swear it was WIN that they were doing this for (to piss them off as much as possible).

I think WIN would kick up more of a stink if they were served this.

WIN News Rocky was not all that bad back when they were still in partnership with Nine… Tho i tend to watch 7 News these days.

1 Like

32 Likes