Nine News Local

It’s very relevant to show forecasts for towns just outside the broadcast area - there will be people who regularly travel to those areas and want to know the weather.

2 Likes

Both times I’ve stayed in Seventeen Seventy the broadcasts were recieved from Rockhampton - enjoyed watching a bit of Seven Local News here and there! :laughing:

1 Like

The worst part about these dodgy 9 News QLD “Special Investigation” promos, like the one for the EKKA showbags yesterday, is that they’re still (including the EKKA one) airing on SC9 in Townsville, 3 weeks after our own bulletin launched (which obviously didn’t actually cover the EKKA showbags, as was promoted incorrectly all afternoon on TV).

2 Likes

Another live cross to Sacha Passi tonight, this time outside the Cairns Police Station.

A second live cross now to Brittany Kleyn in Brisbane.

Great to see them using more live crosses during the bulletin!

3 Likes

Promo for Sunshine Coast bulletin

14 Likes

Looks like Nine is on a recruiting spree in QLD. Former WIN news reporter Sophie Ryan is one of the reporters for Sunny Coast.

5 Likes

Jordan Koster is another to the list

2 Likes

They went on a recruiting spree everywhere, they had like 15 new newsrooms to staff.

2 Likes

Think that is the one Paul Murphy is moving to

That’s pretty good in comparison to what some NBN markets get.

1 Like

Hang on, the weather man from SC???

No the reporter who also was the Sports presenter at prime before it shut it’s Albury studio

Chris Mitchell. Always looked he he was surprised to be there.

Sigh. Nine News Canberra just introed a story Cleary written for Nine News Sydney. Went along the lines of “and now to that smokey sky”.

I don’t know about you Vanessa but its clear in Canberra.

Honestly, how hard is it to rewrite things for the regional bulletins? It’s lazy and it looks shit.

Of course it shouldn’t even be in the first block of SNSW and the ACT.

9 Likes

Story about Toowoomba

3 Likes

Surely that’s not an official 9NEWS social media account

9 Likes

The real Twitter account for Nine News Darling Downs is using the “@9NewsDarlingDowns” handle (and has a display picture and profile info that’s consistent with the other Nine News Regional accounts), although there isn’t any content to see there yet.

4 Likes

Would not surprise me at all if someone (probably a Mediaspy member) has made fake social media accounts… it’s happened before!

11 Likes

holy shit the display pic is terrible ahahaha, so much wrong with it

IIRC that was a 9 News fb page yeah?

If you want to make a fake version of a 9 news account, make sure it looks legit. (I was just trying to find the legit account, when this popped up. smh my head - THEY MADE ANOTHER ONE)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/893086945655496704/S6fBKO6i_400x400.jpg

https://twitter.com/NewsDowns

brb gonna try find if this person has made a fake account for all regional bulletins.

7 Likes

Yeah, couple years back pretending to be a page for a Canberra bulletin.