Nine News Local

Live cross to Sascha Passi in Cooktown after the first story tonight.

Here is the wide bay backdrop on the 9 news wide bay bulletin that debuted tonight IMG_4190

13 Likes

If nine news has regional bulletins in QLD, VIC And NSW/ACT I think they should produce some regional bulletins for SA eg Mount Gambler, Riverland and Limestone Coast and then do one or two for Regional WA eg Bunbury, Broome and the Kimberlyā€™s I reckon they should also produce a couple of bulletins for TAS like Launceston and Hobart with reporters stationed across various major town in TAS same with WA and SA

If SA, WA and TAS got regional bulletins for nine news the SA news could be done from Adelaide, WA from Perth and TAS from either Hobart or Launceston

Thereā€™s a reason why these regional places donā€™t have Nine Local News (or whatever itā€™s being referred to now), Southern Cross doesnā€™t own television stations in these areas. Except Tasmania, where Southern Cross is actually a Channel Seven affiliate and I donā€™t think they will muck around with a winning formula.

4 Likes

Exactly. Plus SCAā€™s monopoly in Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill has the main channel as a Seven affiliate. More news affiliations on other Nine affiliated stations could kill Novocastriansā€™ own NBN News for good.

1 Like

Oops forgot to include the Spencer Gulf region in SA which does of course have a Southern Cross station. But like I said previously, I donā€™t see them or Southern Cross Tasmania switching from a winning formula using Seven as an affiliate to Nine.

2 Likes

9 news wide bay opener and cross over on Cooktown murder story
IMG_4193IMG_4198IMG_4195IMG_4196IMG_4199

6 Likes

Wide Bay video from Monday 7 August thanks to BMARC13

4 Likes

I could only see just 3 local stories - one about a ā€œhorror weekend on the roadsā€ (aka a car accident) another about RBTs and one about UFO abduction - is that it? 3 local sports reports.

5 Likes

1770ā€¦ Name of an island apparently.

Not much happens in Wide Bay it seems if they need to fill time with that.

1 Like

Something isnā€™t quite right about the Queensland regional key. Samantha is looking very flat - like one of those southeast Asian News keys from back in the day.

Proper name is Seventeen Seventy, but I guess that doesnā€™t fit on the graphics as easily.

Itā€™s not an island though.

4 Likes

Itā€™s called Town of 1770, around the area of Agnes waters on the coast east of Miriam vale between Gladstone and Bundaberg. Itā€™s not on an island.

4 Likes

Strange that (town of) 1770 is not in the official broadcast area of Wide Bay but rather Rockhampton.

Iā€™m not so sure. When I was in Miriam vale one time staying there overnight while travelling I recall seeing channels from the Wide Bay Area receiving ads from the Wide Bay region.

Reposting the fuel price watch on 9 news wide bay. I had to delete previous post on local news stories because it was out of order.

IMG_4213

2 Likes

The people of Wide Bay are probably thinking what the f**k they were given, considering they enjoyed a fancy new set for a week :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It could be like Bowen, possibly.

All market maps Iā€™ve ever seen show Bowen as a part of the Townsville market region, though every time Iā€™ve ever been there, the channels on TV are from the Mackay market, while their radio stations are re-transmission of the Townsville ones.

Or Moranbah, which is well and truly part of the Mackay market zone, but receives some channels from that market and others from the Rockhampton/Central QLD market (via Emerald), last time I checked.

2 Likes