Nine News Local

When does Nine News Sunshine Coast start?

I wonder if that shot of Wally Lewis walking through Suncorp Stadium might’ve been done for Nine News Queensland’s “New Set Launch” promos (which I don’t think have began airing yet)? That may explain why it’s in the Regional QLD bulletin promos…

While the date is yet to be confirmed, Nine News Sunshine Coast is expected to launch on August 21.

3 Likes

The part where she says “Live and Local” is clearly either the Sydney or Melbourne 6pm set, but what set was that in the first seconds of the promo?

1 Like

Longer version of the North QLD promo:

6 Likes

Is that the Today set?

2 Likes

It is. They did the same thing for the promos in VIC and NSW. quite odd why.

4 Likes

Is it just the local NSW bulletins that are failing hopelessly or the Victoria bulletins as well?

I see a lot about the issues that plague the ACT & NSW, but don’t see much about the Vic bulletins with Jo Hall, so I presume they are going okay?

2 Likes

The weather presenter in Victoria has gone missing for most of last week and instead of getting a replacement weather presenter to do 4 different segments for each region they have had Joe Hall doing a single statewide weather segment. I still see many things I don’t like about the Victorian news I have just accepted it

6 Likes

Yes there is, but you can’t use the word “shit” on television.

1 Like

Major timing error during the Opener… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

More problems tonight, Pre-Recorded Canberra stories are being shown on the Illawarra bulletins…

2 Likes

I’m confused. Is Illawarra getting the local Canberra news?

3 Likes

I hope nine does a better job launching the Queensland regional news from next week.

This one in particular, looks like it was an SCA error rather than a Nine one.

SCA still had the HD watermark addition on as the 9 News Sydney opener played, as they were still using the Sydney feed, before they switched over to the feed they were meant to be using.

4 Likes

Almost allowed to watch the polished bulletin…and all hopes have been dashed.

4 Likes

It may be even worse if Illawara viewers heard Pete reading Sydney’s headlines in the error.

2 Likes

Really? I think that’s a mistake that most viewers would welcome.

3 Likes

I’m assuming that pre-recorded local windows are sent from Syd/Melb etc to SCA’s playout centre in Canberra and it is SCA’s responsibility to send them out to the right regions and time them correctly during the “live” regional bulletins provided by Nine …

7 Likes

Even though that make sense, I don’t think that is how the playout was explained when the new bulletins were established. We were told that Nine was sending out the finished product for distribution by SCA.

3 Likes

Which would mean Nine would need to have capacity to send out 19 (?) simultaneous program feeds to SCA across NSW/QLD/VIC which wouldn’t otherwise be utilised outside of 6-7 pm weeknights?

1 Like